Tracks from goa artists before goa exist..

tbe

What kind of sound were making goa artists before goa exist (before 93/94) ? Can you name some tracks ?

I begins..

Man With no Name - Way ou West

Man With no Name - Musikjak

Man With no Name - Geddit !!??

Those 3 tracks were released in 1990-1992 on various labels.... a cross between house, techno and club trance... funny tracks with some 808/909 sounds and vocals samples !

Ben Watkins had a group with Stephen Holweck called Electrotete. They released a couple of singles 1991-1994. Early trance style.

He also released the Jungle High - Jungle High 12" in 1992.

The Flowerpot Men/Sunsonic was him and Adam Peters. Active between 1984-1990, but I haven´t herd much from them...

Youth has done a lot, starting in the 70´s. Played bass in Killing Joke, had a electro/synthpop-group named Brilliant in the 80´s with Jimmy from KLF, released some euro-techno singels as Blue Pearl in the early 90´s etc.

Simon Posford released the Flight - Flight 12" in 1992, trance/ambient.

Ian Ion was a meber of The Overlords, active between 1988-1994.

The Infinity Project released 4 singles in 91/92. I only have The Law 12", and it´s trance.

What kind of sound were making goa artists before goa exist (before 93/94) ? Can you name some tracks ?

To answer a different but related question, i.e. what sounded Goa before Goa artists per se arrived:

The KLF - What Time is love (Pure Trance Version)

E-Rection - Smoke my Dang-A-Long

Third Eye - Morphic Resonance

Early Astral Projection tracks like Allah Acbar for a Psy touch (Indus Techno beforehand)

And of course Eat Static (Almost Human), Juno Reactor (Jungle High), The Overlords (Sundown), Electrotete (Alcatraz) and the Infinity Project (Freedom from the Flesh).

J.

Ben Watkins had a group with Stephen Holweck called Electrotete. They released a couple of singles 1991-1994. Early trance style.

He also released the Jungle High - Jungle High 12" in 1992.

The Flowerpot Men/Sunsonic was him and Adam Peters. Active between 1984-1990, but  I haven´t herd much from them...

Youth has done a lot, starting in the 70´s. Played bass in Killing Joke, had a electro/synthpop-group named Brilliant in the 80´s with Jimmy from KLF, released some euro-techno singels as Blue Pearl in the early 90´s etc.

Simon Posford released the Flight - Flight 12" in 1992, trance/ambient.

Ian Ion was a meber of The Overlords, active between 1988-1994.

The Infinity Project released 4 singles in 91/92. I only have The Law 12", and it´s trance.

578847[/snapback]

Very interesting...

About Simon postford, I always thought his first release was Gumbo - The Quickening on the 1st dragonfly comp... Thanks for that info Staffan

About The infinty Project, that's crazy it seems they made goa since the early begening !!!

About The infinty Project, that's crazy it seems they made goa since the early begening !!!

You could say something along this line, yes.

At that time, you could go into a record shop, and it was impossible to buy any of this music. It didn't exist. So the following year [1989], I went back to Goa, as I did for the next eight years. But the next year I went back, I started meeting a lot of the musicians in Goa and it started getting a lot more serious, because one started plugging in with the scene, and meeting people at studios, and discussing ideas, and when I got back after that season, we started getting into the music really full time, working on it more or less everyday. And we ended up making I think 60 tracks or something like that with The Infinity Project, with Graham.