Some recommendations after 2 years away...

Jeff

Hello all,

I have been away from the Psy scene (and subsequently the associated forums) for something like 2 years now, for various reasons.

I have read a few threads here and on Isratrance on the current state of the scene. Things don't seem to have evolved a lot. Anyway, to the gist of my post:

The last Psy records I bought are from 2004 (what a surprise...) :

- Talpa : The Art of Being None. I read a message on Isratrance from Goran saying he had enough tracks for a new album which should soon take shape. Great news.

- Filteria : Sky Input. I saw that a new album had been released. The reviews don't look so good though. I'll have to check that closer.

- The Misted Muppet : From the Legend.

- Infected Mushroom : IM the Supervisor. Their new album is due in September if I am not mistaken.

Quite a short list actually (seems like i was already and slowly leaving the scene in 2004...), but I'd like to get back to business now.

Anyhow, this list should give an idea of the music I appreciate to any good soul kind enough to give me advice on what I should purchase from 2005 and 2006, Talpa being my absolute favorite from the recent times (Pleidians - IFO and IM - Classical Mushroom as ultimate Psy reference BTW).

Thanks in advance ! ;)

J.

Here are some stuff that i've rated 4 or 5 out of 5 on discogs

Hesius Dome - Farewell Waltz (late 2004..)

Artifakt - Artifakts II

Jaïa - Fiction

Khetzal - Corolle

Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception

Rip'N'Eiji - Tengu Moon (re-release of 2004version)

Uvantam.com - Guri & Guru

Various - Schlabbaduerst 007

Various - Boldly Audio

Androcell - Efflorescence

Filteria - Heliopolis

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

Ka-Sol - Fairytale

Various - Sanatonic Audio

Guest Rezwalker

Ethereal-anima mundi

Miraculix-the arrival

filteria-heliopolis

Tikal-ritual dance

Ypsilon 5-binary sky

Nystagmus-the immaculate perception

Aniki-open your ears

Afgin-old is gold

Blue vortex-mirage

MFG-message from God

Khetzal - Corolle

Albums: Electric Universe : Cosmic Experience (avoid last E.U. album!), Tellus2 : Addiction and Dikotom, Droidlock : Elefantronika, Ypsilon5 : Binary Sky, Psydrop : Fantasy seed :)

Compilations: Apsara and Pure Planet :)

I BOUGHT NO 2006 RELEASES DUE TO I TOTALLY HATE ISRAELIKE FULL ON AND CLUBBY PROGRESSIVE HOUSE AND DARK FULL ON=PSYSCHRANZ :angry:

Ethereal-anima mundi

Miraculix-the arrival

filteria-heliopolis

Tikal-ritual dance

Ypsilon 5-binary sky

Nystagmus-the immaculate perception

Aniki-open your ears

Afgin-old is gold

Blue vortex-mirage

MFG-message from God

Khetzal - Corolle

573249[/snapback]

its released? under which record? :huh:

Guest Cosmogenesis

its released? under which record? :huh:

573291[/snapback]

You can find it on the music promotion section (topic "10 tracks I have made"). Afgin has shared his album with us for free! Big respect to him :)

The 2005 highlights were for me:

Jaia - Fiction - Digital Structures

Magnetrixx - Wired - AP Records

Midimiliz - Non Standards - Gravity Plus

Ocelot - VectorSelector - DropOut

Psykovsky - Debut - Vertigo

Voice of Cod - We Are Free - Organic

V/A - Apsara - Sundance

V/A - Chronika Chapter 2 - Boshke Beats

V/A - Left Coast Liquid - Native State Records

So far, 2006 haven't been that exciting, I've only enjoyed:

Fuzzion - Black Magic - Boshke Beats

Nuclear Ramjet - Mission To Sedna - Spaceport Records

V/A - Beneath the Surface - Native State Records

You might also want to listen to:

Filteria - Heliopolis - Suntrip

Ka-Sol - Fairytale - Suntrip

Khetzal - Corolle - Suntrip

Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception - Sundance

Tranan - Restarter

Vibrasphere - Archipelago - Digital Structures

Some of the recommendations are progressive or dark psytrance, even though that was not what you asked for it might be worth the trouble.

Hello all,

I have been away from the Psy scene (and subsequently the associated forums) for something like 2 years now, for various reasons.

I have read a few threads here and on Isratrance on the current state of the scene. Things don't seem to have evolved a lot. Anyway, to the gist of my post:

The last Psy records I bought are from 2004 (what a surprise...) :

- Talpa : The Art of Being None. I read a message on Isratrance from Goran saying he had enough tracks for a new album which should soon take shape. Great news.

- Filteria : Sky Input. I saw that a new album had been released. The reviews don't look so good though. I'll have to check that closer.

- The Misted Muppet : From the Legend.

- Infected Mushroom : IM the Supervisor. Their new album is due in September if I am not mistaken.

Quite a short list actually (seems like i was already and slowly leaving the scene in 2004...), but I'd like to get back to business now.

Anyhow, this list should give an idea of the music I appreciate to any good soul kind enough to give me advice on what I should purchase from 2005 and 2006, Talpa being my absolute favorite from the recent times (Pleidians - IFO and IM - Classical Mushroom as ultimate Psy reference BTW).

Thanks in advance !  ;)

J.

573230[/snapback]

You've not missed much. In fact you should consider your two year exile a blessing.

OK, thank you everyone for the good recommendations! I clearly needed to update my musical Psy culture!

I haven't had time to listen to everything on Psyshop yet, but sofar I already ordered two albums, namely Artifakt - Artifakts II and Nystagmus - The Immaculate Perception. Both have this old IM touch that I appreciate so much (but which seems to infuriate certain individuals in the review comments :D )

Thanks again!

J.