5 The Most Gorgeous Sunset (6:23)

6 Be Love (6:50)

7 We'll Learn (6:43)

8 Mas Intensas (6:22)

9 The Operative Word (5:41)

10 Looking Forwards (3:39)

11 It Could Be (5:54)

12 Hidden Piano Track (2:47)

Well I love Liquid Sound Design. Everything they release I have just loved & I was very happy to see they were releasing another album after quite a long period of non productivity. So can it live up to my expectations? Well it's got a nice summer beach feel through the whole album with a lot of world influences.

1 Let Go

Let Go starts with a great dubby beat and a cool laid back baseline. It has some nice pipes and strings going on in it which are nice but it's the beats that I love in this track. Very varied and always cool. It also has some nice creaking sounds, think Optimum Creakage by GNotR but brighter.

2 Trustafari

Trustafari is slower than Let Go but heavier. The baseline sounds like something from Hallucinogen in Dub, the beat is plodding and there are some reggae influences but overall this track is quite flat and it doesn't evolve. A bit boring I'm afraid.

3 Don't Panic

Don't Panic is more the same pace as the 1st track. It has a quickish simple beat and nice cool summer like melodies. A very minimal baseline works very well to give this track a very nice atmosphere. I feel like I'm back on that secluded beach watching the sun slowly move down through the sky. Some long drawn out vocals add to the feeling as does the subtle use of guitar and piano.

4 Be Good

Be Good starts with the sound of birds singing and tribal voices but after a minute it breaks into spanish guitar with violin and a plucked cello(?) acting as a baseline. The violin isn't played particularly well though & I would prefer the track if it was left out are at least not so prominent. The cello & guitar sound very nice and the bird song combines to give a nice chilled out atmosphere, slightly ruined when the violin plays.

5 The Most Gorgeous Sunset

The Most Gorgeous Sunset has more guitar and a nice nice beat that really gives this a beach vibe. Even the techy sounds fit in and sound quite natural. A laid back baseline, floaty melodies and some dark background noises make this sound not at all like a sunset but still gorgeous.

6 Be Love

Be Love is very reggae. Starts with a rude boy sample which continue through out as do other common reggae sounds. A nice baseline somewhat similar to trustafari in feeling. Right at the start we're treated to a soft female vocal which attempts to come back 4 minutes later but is pushed away by a step up in the beat. You can hear it in the background, though I would prefer the rude boys to be softer and have her voice more prominent. Another flat track that's quite boring.

7 We'll Learn

We'll Learn is better, more melodious and floaty. The beat is simple and the baseline is very backseat creating a cold, relaxed atmosphere. This track reminds me of the beach while it's warm but raining and there is not much light. A vocal sample do you think the god of biomechanics will let you live? or something in the 1st half is joined by choral tribal vocals in the second half. Cool overcast track.

8 Mas Intensas

Mas Intensas is more upbeat and heavier. The beat is strong and much more prominent than the baseline at first & I get a feeling of heavy rain. There is no rain sound but I get the feeling of sheltering from the storm. This feeling increases with the introduction of piano and a more involved baseline.

9 The Operative Word

The Operative Word is heavy but slower. Starts with conversation but drifts away like flotsam on the see of music. Beatless in the 1st half and very very minimal soft beats in the 2nd. It's all feels very tight and close though, like a muggy evening. Not soft and free like a summer's breeze.

10 Looking Forwards

Looking Forwards has beats again, very cool beats, a lovely fresh baseline and funky melodies. These give this short track a cool evening vibe. Chilled out and nice, with interesting background bustle.

11 It Could Be

It Could Be is another (acoustic) guitar track. It's soft and dreamy with nice trippy beats. A nice chilled out baseline and wet sounds underneath do wonders here. It's a very nice relaxed tune and keeps introducing new sounds and instuments to keep it interesting. It seems to stop at 4 minutes but starts again instantly in a slightly new direction. More focused and a little heavier but with the same sounds and atmosphere.

As there often is nowadays there is a hidden track. I never really see the need for a few minutes silence followed by and extra track. Why don't the just add an extra track to the track list. Nobody is fooled (unless you have to track back from track 1)

The extra track is cool though, with no beat just piano. Dark but melodious with a bit of echo to add atmosphere. No beats, no baseline, just piano all the way through.

Overall this is not the best release on Liquid Sound Design but it does have some stiff competition. It is still a good album and one of the best releases so far this year. I was a little disappointed with a couple of tracks, namely the reggae style ones but as an album it's nice if not up there with their best releases.

If you like Liquid Sound Design then I think you should get yourself a copy of this. As with everything they have released the quality is high and the music is really good. But I hope the next album released on this label will be even better. Go LSD!!

Favourites 1, 3!!, 5, 7, 11, 12

Huh, you thought track 2 was boring and yet at your favorites it says: 2!!

Have had a few listens and wasnt too impressed either. Sounded like I'd heard it all before. a bit Abakus like and other than that pretty much LSD-sounding. I wouldn't recommend it, I guess, but I might give it another try. The first track is my favorite, I think. BUt that's after just 3 listens.

• 1 year later...

Posted Image

Let Go

Welcome to life garden, where pure magic and wonder are daily habits, everything's fresh and bright. Beats guide on.

Only light colors in this home dome, sun is shining bright, the city is lively. Lots of things to do and see. Over before you know it.

Trustafari

Dubby waves, trippy fx', rolls on smoothly and deep.

Don't Panic

Not too sure, not too steady. A beautiful yet gripping day. Thoughts on your mind, images. Sun, memories. So light. Your feet in the water on the beach. Fades on and out.

Be Good

Voices wobble, bell tingles. Funky indian vibe, though without beats. Just a subtle natural bassline. Violin. Moving track and gently grows thinner and fades out.

The Most Gorgeous Sunset

Very nice track! Builds slow and the guitar is fantastic! Like endless beautiful clichés being remade time and time again. The synth is pure love and joy! Very stretched and laid back feeling. A beautiful and loaded sunset. Subtle touches everywhere, a voice whispers, synths creep. Slowly fades.

Be Love

Dub with reggae samples :) Style switch a mile wide but i guess it's ok. Layed back in the sun, grey niggaz, smoking bong and trippin out on the grass. Very sunny vibe

We'll Learn

Sweet track. very soft and gentle. Piano as a spine through the track. Droning play with african kids singing and some sample, hypno tune.

Mas Intensas

Breakbeats and sound hints, urban atmo. Funky walk in the sun again. Cruisin' downtown. Everything 's possible, the city is vast.

You're free to dream.

The Operative Word

Fog. Floating. Dreaming, waking up, can't be real. Very nice track.

Looking Forwards

Jazzy blues, very light. Funky percussion and other samplework

It Could Be

Guitar so gentle you wonder where you are. So sweet, so lost somewhere... Time doesn't exist... Feel like dancing but there's no one around. Magical existence. It's all so light and deep at the same time...

Bonus track

Clean, dry, serious piano piece. A sincere and well-meant, though strict, goodbye.

All the tracks are more or less in the same light style, it's a very peculiar thing. All sounds are hinted so gentle it's like a soft ride through the fog. Or bright sky. Very relaxing and dreamy music. It feels like living in a perfect sunny world where everyday is as funky fresh as it can get. It's also minimal in a sense, all structures are somewhat thin and float in the wind. Everything is rather hinted and sketched than confirmed strictly. Very peculiar.

Most tracks could tend to get repetitive at some point(s) but it's not really annoying if you're into them.

Sometimes it's very special, sometimes it's less... Sound production and quality is superb and the very dreamy and gentle atmo all around the songs is something very nice, it felt like one big memory in the sun...

favs 1,5,9,11

7.5/10

I like this album, it's really nothing new or that exiting but it's nice and certainly fits the LSD catalog like a pencil in the ear. It's been background music while having sex, doing random things around the house and of course while browsing crappy sites like spynews :lol:

6/10 :)