Oforia

Lol def A.I.

anyway what u said about genesis is spot on, also my fav from them by far, and i recently said almost what you said, almost exactly, few months ago in the mfg thread :P

sunshine even captured me back when i was in love with ap, just cause it was in that mfg/ap megamix.

dont remember year it came out. but didnt venture deeper into genesis until years later.

Yes I just found your post, wow we both said the same thing and singled out Sunshine as perhaps the most mindblowing example of this dark style (hehe). I think the muddy production works really well on that track, it sounds so good after listening to too much ultra clear polished produced modern music.

Are there any neogoa artists who sound anything like this?

Maybe not exactly "like this", but take a listen to PortaMento, Dragon Twins, Morphic Resonance, Amygdala, Ufomatka, Proxeeus (aka "guy with a 303 problem"), maybe Lapsus too but he hasn't released much. Maybe someone else has more suggestions?

Yes I just found your post, wow we both said the same thing and singled out Sunshine as perhaps the most mindblowing example of this dark style (hehe). I think the muddy production works really well on that track, it sounds so good after listening to too much ultra clear polished produced modern music.

Yes, Genesis is almost a marvel at this point, its so beautifully produced and nothing has been done like that since.

yet when it came out it was "too much" or whatever it was.

I told myself as my next project, I would try to emulate the sound of Genesis.

but thats probably impossible.

Why? and Sunshine is likely impossible to re-create, especially now in the software Era.

And I dont even talk about the melodies and themes, just the mixing.

its like everything went thru a MFG - Project Genesis Filter.

Yes, Genesis is almost a marvel at this point, its so beautifully produced and nothing has been done like that since.

yet when it came out it was "too much" or whatever it was.

I told myself as my next project, I would try to emulate the sound of Genesis.

but thats probably impossible.

Why? and Sunshine is likely impossible to re-create, especially now in the software Era.

And I dont even talk about the melodies and themes, just the mixing.

its like everything went thru a MFG - Project Genesis Filter.

As it happens I tried to create the Project Genesis sound too a few years ago. Of course I couldn't come anywhere close. I sent you a message about that.

I think better examples of that special sound are Intelligent Machine and Alien's Land:

Something really awesome going on there with 3D stereo effects that is really hard to do, particularly with software.

• Like 1