dubby 'under water' effect?

Can someone tell me how you make that under water effect that you hear on drums in dub for example. I think you do it with a filter and a delay, but how exactly I don't know. It sounds like you're under water listening to drums but with a delay on it. I don't know how I could

I'd say a phaser will do the job, but I havent really looked into it so far.

520183[/snapback]

i would say, a good wet reverb, but not too loud or at least don't let it produce the smaal noise.. also use a kick which is not too sharp or put cutoff on 85-95% and the reso on 10-30%

the rest you got too find on your own i think.. some flangers would do it too mayb

When I want water, I use an auto-filter. One that opens and closes with the volume of the input-sound. Afterwards put it through a stereo-delay, where one channel has a slightly longer delay (10 ms or so) than the other... Presto: Boubly and atmospheric at the same time...

-A

how about using a spring reverb in cobination with delay and a lowpass and/or bandpass filter.

you can find a spring reverb in some guitar amps, and youll definitely get that vintage sound. maybe thats what your after.

Spring reverb with a little EQing to get the base frequencies in the mix again (cut the highs off bass drums, cut the bass off hihats etc) and very light phasing. You could use minute amounts of delay (set to 50-50 dry/wet) with an out of sync millisecond delay amount to add a bit of life to the beats.

In Reason (2.5 onwards), chain your drum device through a RV7000 (it has two nice dub presets, and try out the plates as well), split the signal using Spider (group bass parts together, high parts together), chain it through two two-band EQs, one for the highs and one for the lows(most will say use EQ as the last in the chain, but to get that dubby effect it's necessary here). If you're really anal, try introducing a slight delay between each signals set to 100 percent dry with very short millisecond delays to get that Bob Marleyish twing. Patch through to a phaser, and tweak the phaser till the phase is only just noticeable. Delay is, as I said, optional. Good luck.