Next Contest?

faze

Hey gang,

Since my second lotto/contest has ended yesterday, I was thinking about possibility of a next one.

Should I do another, or is it not a good idea?

Does anyone have any good suggestions/ideas for one? Last one was for reviewers...maybe something different, that could possibly involve more than 16 people?

Any ideas are gladly listened to here. B)

f

Guest Cosmogenesis

Even if I'm not a producer or amator artist, you could maybe do a contest in order to thank productions iniative. Guys who are posting tracks in the music promotion section deserve, I think, a gift. Or also guys who are making psy/goa/ambient sets.

What do you think about it?

Even if I'm not a producer or amator artists, you could maybe do a contest in order to thank productions iniative. Guys who are posting tracks in the music promotion section deserve, I think, a gift. Or also guys who are making psy/goa/ambient sets also.

What do you think about it?

519475[/snapback]

nice idea as long as any track that has some feedback from music promotion forum can enter contest ;)

faze i got the cd today...one piece  ;)

you made me very happy!

thanks once more!

respect!

520127[/snapback]

Yay! I am glad it made it to you in time. That was actually pretty darn quick.

Enjoy!

Ok, in order to try and involve as many people as possible, how about this idea for a contest?

Entrants list their most played CD of 2006. The CD they have listened to the most this year so far, album or comp. The CD doesn't have to be from 2006, it just needs to be your most played/listened/enjoyed this year so far.

At the end of the contest, I can draw a name or two. The winners choose from the CDs that was listed in the contest and I will track it down and send it off.

I see this as a good way to have members here try out something new, have a little fun, etc.

Unforunately, even though you can list any CD as your most played, the winners can only choose from the ones currently available through Psyshop, Saiko, or other online shop at a reasonable, regular price. I won't be able to have people choose rare things like Accidental Occidentalism, etc for example

Thoughts? Good idea? Horrid idea? Other?

Thanks for reading,

f

Ok, in order to try and involve as many people as possible, how about this idea for a contest?

Entrants list their most played CD of 2006. The CD they have listened to the most this year so far, album or comp. The CD doesn't have to be from 2006, it just needs to be your most played/listened/enjoyed this year so far.

At the end of the contest, I can draw a name or two. The winners choose from the CDs that was listed in the contest and I will track it down and send it off.

I see this as a good way to have members here try out something new, have a little fun, etc.

Unforunately, even though you can list any CD as your most played, the winners can only choose from the ones currently available through Psyshop, Saiko, or other online shop at a reasonable, regular price. I won't be able to have people choose rare things like Accidental Occidentalism, etc for example

Thanks for reading,

f

524769[/snapback]

splendid idea, spendning your own money just to entertain few wannabee hippies is a thing that only men with big "khram" can afford to do :lol:

Guest Cosmogenesis

Thanks for reading,

f

524769[/snapback]

Faze, you're the best! Always good ideas and initiatives! I very appreciate it. I have to admit that such human beings are rare at our sad time!

And when do you project to launch this new contest? :D

And when do you project to launch this new contest?  :D

524796[/snapback]

I was waiting for feedback first, to see if it even sounds fun at all.

If it sounds like a crappy idea and not many will participate, then I wasn't going to try it.

I was waiting for feedback first, to see if it even sounds fun at all.

If it sounds like a crappy idea and not many will participate, then I wasn't going to try it.

524799[/snapback]

perhaps you misunderstood me - imo it is not crappy idea, and you need "balls" to start something like that, spending your own money and time to give away to strangers :)

perhaps you misunderstood me - imo it is not crappy idea, and you need "balls" to start something like that, spending your own money and time to give away to strangers :)

524818[/snapback]

It's not a matter of having balls, more a matter of having a big heart...or maybe he's just crazy or won the lotto and hasn't told us.

It's not a matter of having balls, more a matter of having a big heart...or maybe he's just crazy or won the lotto and hasn't told us.

524826[/snapback]

Shit, if I won the lotto, the contest would be way different. It would be plane tickets to some remote island for the biggest party evah! B)

Not just a few lame CDs. :D

Basically, it's just that I enjoy coming here everyday. You guys are the only people I know with similar taste in music as me. Mars hosts this site for all of us to enjoy, free of charge. A lot of you guys put in a lot of time to review CDs. I enjoy reading these, they help me make less mistakes when buying CDs myself.

I just feel like giving something back to help make this place fun to hang around. I am no good at reviewing, I am not paying money to host this for all of us, I am not spending my time and efforts moderating. A lot of other people give to make this place fun, so I just felt hosting some contests might help. That's pretty much all. :D

I am not paying money to host this for all of us, I am not spending my time and efforts moderating. A lot of other people give to make this  place fun,  so I just felt hosting some contests might help. That's pretty much all.  :D

524832[/snapback]

just dont get "inflexible", like, you know - kinda too "boring and official" :)