Next Contest?

faze

Guest Astro Cortex

Ok, in order to try and involve as many people as possible, how about this idea for a contest?

Entrants list their most played CD of 2006. The CD they have listened to the most this year so far, album or comp. The CD doesn't have to be from 2006, it just needs to be your most played/listened/enjoyed this year so far.

At the end of the contest, I can draw a name or two. The winners choose from the CDs that was listed in the contest and I will track it down and send it off.

I see this as a good way to have members here try out something new, have a little fun, etc.

Unforunately, even though you can list any CD as your most played, the winners can only choose from the ones currently available through Psyshop, Saiko, or other online shop at a reasonable, regular price. I won't be able to have people choose rare things like Accidental Occidentalism, etc for example

Thoughts? Good idea? Horrid idea? Other?

Thanks for reading,

f

524769[/snapback]

Basically I like the idea, but I don't think I'll participate this time.

1. I can't think of a single CD that could be my most played one this year.

2. I already won the previous contest.

Though maybe I'd make an entry anyways, and choose another winner if my name gets drawn.

You should really do it faze (unless someone comes up with an even better idea), you have my full respect B)

I think you should charge people one Euro to enter and only select a winner after 100 entries have been received. If it proved popular you could do it every week and maybe retire by the time you're 40.

I think you should charge people one Euro to enter and only select a winner after 100 entries have been received. If it proved popular you could do it every week and maybe retire by the time you're 40.

527121[/snapback]

Nah, if I charge any money, then people have the right to bitch if something goes astray. I'd rather leave it totally free, then I don't have to worry about anything.