Text-to-Speech Synthesizer?

Anyone know of a decent text-to-speech synthesizer out there with interesting voices, maybe similar to or better than the FL5 one, and one you can save to WAV? I've looked pretty extensively and most of them tend to have serious applications rather than fun ones.

There's the online one from ATT.

ATT Text to Speech demo

One of them sounds like the current trends in Benny Benassi stuff, or Luke Slater's "All Exhale". I forget which female voice it is there.

Faze

500101[/snapback]

Actually, I found that site last night and already incorporated some of its speech into my latest track. However, I read at the site that it's illegal to do so, so I'd like to find an alternative.

Thanks for the link, however.

edit2 : tsk tsk, shame on you mylo :rolleyes:

500320[/snapback]

*feels gulity, exercises moderate self-flagulation

Nice 1 reger

yeah, that's the newer version I was trying to find! Daaaaaaaaaaargghhhhh, you beat me to it! :)

I saw that one, too, and played around with it the other night. Sorry, I'm coming across as a know-it-all when I'm asking for help. It's just that these are some widely available yet somewhat limited speech synthesizers, and I'm looking for a good one - I'd even be willing to pay for it - that is made more for music and other fun applications (rather than office-type applications). I will probably be using SayIt here and there, but something like it with more complexity would be fantastic.

I saw that one, too, and played around with it the other night. Sorry, I'm coming across as a know-it-all when I'm asking for help. It's just that these are some widely available yet somewhat limited speech synthesizers, and I'm looking for a good one - I'd even be willing to pay for it - that is made more for music and other fun applications (rather than office-type applications). I will probably be using SayIt here and there, but something like it with more complexity would be fantastic.

500469[/snapback]

ask developer to include new features ;)!

and dont forget to send him some bucks then :D

I will probably be using SayIt here and there, but something like it with more complexity would be fantastic.

500469[/snapback]

There is this one program called Shit Talker... if I remember right it has more options than in SayIt.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of a decent text-to-speech synthesizer out there with interesting voices, maybe similar to or better than the FL5 one, and one you can save to WAV? I've looked pretty extensively and most of them tend to have serious applications rather than fun ones.

500099[/snapback]

I've found this excellent site recently, but their samples are only "for private, non-commercial use".

So what do you think ?

Is it good enough mister Otto?

:D

hey otto check this one out, i think it's what you were talking... Scrambled Hackz

neat article anyway

http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,70664-...?tw=wn_index_22

512457[/snapback]

Wow, that's definitely cool. I can imagine some pretty interesting future applications when it becomes more advanced and streamlined.