A suggestion

snowball

Why dont the mods and admins create some sort of rating system for the reviews?

ex:

Talpa - The art of being none (8/10)

of course the reviews and comments yould still exist,the rating would just be an extra!

what do you think?

ps;i havent listened to talpa yet,the 8/10 is random! :P

you are asking this so that people wouldn't have to actually write a review, but just vote in a pole?

text reviews are being more helpful than just ratings without any comments. text reviews describe a release, ratings don't express much except a vote that might not be 100% true. i mean that some people are rushing into giving their verdict without previously having listened to the release properly (many people tend to rush). in a poll, once you voted, there's no way back.

sure, we can add polls with ratings from 1 to 5 for each release, but if the ratings display a result, and the text, detailed reviews express the opposite, then the system won't work, and we risk to create confusion.

don't you think that releases deserve a bit more attention than just a click in a poll?

i'm kinda 50/50 here.

i had proposed the same thing some time ago.

but there is one more thing to worry about: there is a way to vote as many times as you want.

so its not that good of an idea after all... it wont be an accurate poll, since its so easy to manipulate ; )

but there is one more thing to worry about: there is a way to vote as many times as you want.

so its not that good of an idea after all...  it wont be an accurate poll, since its so easy to manipulate ; )

498586[/snapback]

yea, that too.

so its not that good of an idea after all...  it wont be an accurate poll, since its so easy to manipulate ; )

498586[/snapback]

plus your opinion [about record] with time might change :)

you are asking this so that people wouldn't have to actually write a review, but just vote in a pole?

text reviews are being more helpful than just ratings without any comments. text reviews describe a release, ratings don't express much except a vote that might not be 100% true. i mean that some people are rushing into giving their verdict without previously having listened to the release properly (many people tend to rush). in a poll, once you voted, there's no way back.

sure, we can add polls with ratings from 1 to 5 for each release, but if the ratings display a result, and the text, detailed reviews express the opposite, then the system won't work, and we risk to create confusion.

don't you think that releases deserve a bit more attention than just a click in a poll?

i'm kinda 50/50 here.

498581[/snapback]

no no no, i was thinking the rating system as an extra!

i often see good critics and bad critics for an album in the review section.

If the people that wrote the review,or just plain comments on it,could also add a rating to it,maybe it would be a more "complete" review?

no no no, i was thinking the rating system as an extra!

i often see good critics and bad critics for an album in the review section.

If the people that wrote the review,or just plain comments on it,could also add a rating to it,maybe it would be a more "complete" review?

498728[/snapback]

At first I also kinda felt that a rating system (like it's present in most other music reviews) was missing ... but after some time I realized, that all is good and that you don't need a rating system. Ratings are subjective, you can be misled by them ... everybody has a different rating scheme and such, you know? When it's a good review then a rating doesn't matter anyway, with the support of some samples from Saikosounds and the review everybody can pretty easily judge if the music is good for him or not.

I mean, of course I won't have anything against the optional adding of a line, saying "I rate the album 80%" or whatever. But the manner of the reviews should stay the same...

I agree with Mr RTP here :)

Rating systems can be flawed as they are the opinion of the reviewer

and everyone has different tastes (& tone deafness) when listening to music ;)

Ive been following Psynewss reviews more closer than any other on the web

as it doesnt have a rating system. Just the valued opinion and description

by the reviewers. Who are on the ball IMO.

smith