WALDORF

Yay!

I just got the Waldorf Q-Rack on my studio desk!

Posted Image

And it's delicious! :D:D:D

If any of you own this ( or another Waldorf synth e.g Microwave XT, Micro Q etc. ) and use it with CUBASE, please reply to this thread. I have a little question I would like to PM you! :)

Yay!

I just got the Waldorf Q-Rack on my studio desk!

Posted Image

And it's delicious! :D  :D  :D

If any of you own this ( or another Waldorf synth e.g Microwave XT, Micro Q etc. ) and use it with CUBASE, please reply to this thread. I have a little question I would like to PM you! :)

496255[/snapback]

First of all, big congrats! :)

The Q is my favourite synth together with Korg MS-20 & Nordlead. I use it with Logic, but i might be able to help anyway.

Hit me B)

Edit: typos

@ Taika-kim and Filteria!

Thanks for making yourselves known! I will ask my question here...

I am using Cubase SX 2. I have an EMU 0404 soundcard. I have connected the synth correctly :)

Cubase is able to send midi to the Q-Rack :) The Q-Rack plays back the midi :)

BUT.....

I cannot select or even see Q-Rack patches/banks in my instrument setup or in the midi channel. So things like Program Change are just impossible! How can I solve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@Riton

Noob :lol: Just kidding! The q-rack is a synth without the keyboard part. So you use a standard midi keyboard connected to it or via your computer. Hardware is cool becuase you take off the CPU load that normally comes with soft-synths. And this Waldorf machine can run 16 different voices- that's like loading 16 different VST instruments. Well kinda! What's also nice is that the synth has hardware specifically dedicated to producing sounds, and this results in better sound quality and FX. Basically, hardware produces a better result than software, and it's nice to have buttons and knobs in your hands- more of a "Live instrument" feel than a piece of sotware with a mouse attached to it. :)

@ Taika-kim and Filteria!

Thanks for making yourselves known! I will ask my question here...

I am using Cubase SX 2. I have an EMU 0404 soundcard. I have connected the synth correctly :)

Cubase is able to send midi to the Q-Rack :) The Q-Rack plays back the midi :)

BUT.....

I cannot select or even see Q-Rack patches/banks in my instrument setup or in the midi channel. So things like Program Change are just impossible! How can I solve this?

Hi mate :)

First of all, how do use the instrument? In Single mode (where you only can use one patch at the time?) or in multimode where you have 16-part multitimbrality (you can play with 16 channels simultaneously)

In my case i always use the multimode. That way you never have to do any program-changes etc. So you dedicade one multi-mode slot for each track (and you have 100 of them). I change the instrument settings from the synth itself. It gives much more control. Have in mind that with the multimode, only the first 4 patches/sounds get their FX but you can route the rest of the sounds to FX 1-4

So to be hounest i never did a program change, cause i haven't had the need to do so.. So i just write: track 1 have multimode slot 3 (or something).. and i change it from the synth everytime i open that particullar track.

But if you do wanna do programchange its in the global menu.. I will check my manual later and get back on that issue

If something is not clear, feel free to ask :)

Riton: if the question was for me, i use it mainly for the those big leads and also for pads/strings. The only thing this baby can't do very well is bass-sounds (atleast i can't program any good bass sounds on it)

I found it already :)

in the manual it says the following: (this is under the global menu)

PrgChange

Determines the way MIDI program Change messages are processed.

- If "sound" is selected program changes are used to select Sound programs for the instrument that recieves on the corresponding Midi channel.

- If "multi" is selected the whole Multiprogram is switched by programchanges, that are recieved on the Global MIDI channel.

- If "combined" is selected, instrument programs can be changed by using the intrument's channel, the Multi can be changed by using Global MIDI channel. This means that any instrument that receives on the Globan midi channel, can't be changed individually.

The Q recognizes the rogram numbers 1... 100 (on zero-based midi senders: 0-99. To select a different bank use the LSB message (controller #32)

Hope this helps