along . Bugger me , they are all great tracks .... A+

Tip is were it is at baby !

• 6 months later...
Guest Slave2rave

Wow, what's this? Well, i think that Raja Ram is almost a buddha man. He's

enlightened, and i thank him a lot just for bringing me cds like MOTY 1 and 2,

Shpongle and compilations like these. I can't write a review since there are

no words for the feelings that this kind of music cause me. And also no vote,

because a 10/10 wouldn't do justice at all. It's far above perfection. ;)

• 1 year later...

TWELVE

TIP WORLD

1. LOGIC BOMB - A

2. BUS & SIDDHARTA - D

3. CYBERBABAS - G

4. PROCESS - C

5. TOTAL ECLIPSE - F

6. MANMADEMAN - BB

7. SPACE DRIFTERS - EB

8. DOOF - AB

9. SYNTHETIC - DB

10.ANTIDOTE - GB

11.CHICAGO - B

12.HALLUCINOGEN - E

After seeing no one reviewed this album, I had to do it cause it is really nice collection of fresh ambient songs made by most popular artists. They all made song in the certain key and the concept is actually good. It was before when Raja Ram still had good concepts in his sleeve and not this non-sense he's been releasing these days. The concept of this album is journeys into innerself with floaty, dreamy melodies and very smooth production. The production is of course on the highest level considering who made the songs. I like all of the songs but my favourite ones are : LOGIC BOMB, PROCESS, TOTAL ECLIPSE, MANMADEMAN, DOOF, SYNTHETIC, ANTIDOTE and HALLUCINOGEN ones. If you like gentle, drifty collection of mind soothing concept, you'd certainly like this album. What a shame Raja Ram don't release more of this stuff lately...We all miss MISTERY OF THE YETI days or MYSTICAL EXPERIENCES. This album is in similar concept but developed on some other levels as well....9/10

• 10 months later...

Not very good album I'd say. Some tracks are boring, irritating even. Best tracks are by Logic Bomb and Hallucinogen, both 8,5/10, others I don't like at all.

323386[/snapback]

I agree. There's no real depth in this album.

• 8 months later...

Not very good album I'd say. Some tracks are boring, irritating even. Best tracks are by Logic Bomb and Hallucinogen, both 8,5/10, others I don't like at all.

486772[/snapback]

I agree. There's no real depth in this album.

486773[/snapback]

U r both so wrong :P This is the shit.... Real fucking ambient.... mmm Tranquility!

Its just musical treatment of the body, massage of the brain :)

• 5 months later...

U r both so wrong  :P  This is the shit.... Real fucking ambient.... mmm Tranquility!

Its just musical treatment of the body, massage of the brain :)

528606[/snapback]

I definately agree with you! There is alot of depth to this album if you listen.

So many of the tracks are so beautifully relaxing I can trip sober in the dark.

Hallucinogen puts in the best effort with E. Another example of why I think Simon Posford should stick to chill!

• 1 year later...

Posted Image

Various Artists

Twelve

TIP.World

Tracklist

1. Logic Bomb - A

2. Bus and Siddartha - D

3. Cyberbabas and Paul - G

4. Process - C

5. Total Eclipse - F

6. Manmademan - B ♭

7. Spacedrifters - E ♭

8. Nick Doof – A ♭

9. Synthetic - D ♭

10. The Antidote - D ♭

11. Earthling and Chicago - B

12. Hallucinogen - E

Twelve is "A twelve part ambient journey into inner space" where Raja Ram has collected many artist appearing on TIP.World records when it was still good to create six minute ambient pieces for this 72 minute journey. The result is very pleasing with some of the biggest Psy Trance names from around the turn of the millennium turning their hands to more relaxed downbeat soundscapes, the music is soft & soothing & the production is classy & deep. Each track in a different key is an interesting concept that is a little lost on me but the quality journey music more than makes up for it.

Logic Bomb starts us off with A, a very tribal ambient track. The beats are reminiscent of some ritualistic dance in Africa but the air surrounding the beats is filled with a plethora of weird twisted psychedelic sounds. A very nice start to our journey, it’s very positive a trippy.

The next track, D by Bus and Siddartha follows suit from the logic bomb offering with ethnic drumming & a melody played on the sitar, an instrument I don’t often like but played quite nicely hear with a lot of atmospheric sounds floating in the background giving this an intense yet relaxing vibe.

Cyberbabas and Paul – D has a female vocal softly calling out around the simple repetitive melody & little chimes here and there in the first half. The melody picks up intensity a little as do the other sounds & the voice. It all seems to be pushing at the walls of my brain trying to get in & twist it all around. No beats per say but the melody is quite rhythmical giving the illusion of percussion.

Next up is Process – C which is a weird trippy synthesised take on natural ambient. There are natural sounds like water, storms & birdsong but they are all twisted out of reality into some kind of electronic voyage to trip out city. It is Beatless without any rhythm, just a strange descriptive soundscape. Even the melody seems unmelodic and it will all try to cook your brain.

Total Eclipse – F brings us back to a relatively normal place with a deep & intense rushing track. I can picture myself rushing the tunnels of hyperspace while listening to this. As I fly, voices call from the other side of the tunnel but I keep on careening unable and unwilling to stop for them. They sound like an announcement in an airport but I’m already flying high. This is really really good as you’d expect from Total Eclipse.

Manmademan - B ♭delivers a very peaceful ambient track with deep rushes of ambient drones layered in the background, muttered conversations & dark ethereal voices crying out. Quite dark & cold like a late autumn evening this offers a desolate feel like standing on a cold dark moor lost in the middle of the night. Unsettling without being terrifying, a great contribution from Manmademan.

Spacedrifters - E ♭follows on with the darker melancholic feeling with great melodic drones playing a sadly reflective tune. Very stuff on the piano & the electronic synth accompaniment fits very well. One of the best tracks on this wonderful album, this could be music for a very heart moving movie during a time of great pain or adversity.

Nick Doof – A ♭has a slightly warmer feeling with a soft bassline hugging tight to protect from the coldness beyond the door. Melancholic again & dark with some ultra trippy dripping noises like the ceiling of my reality is slowly melting. The soft synths try to push my brain back in but it’s too late. It’s already escaped into the night.

Synthetic - D starts with a voice that reverberates quite harshly at first, in such contrast to the soft brain squeezing ambience of Doof’s track. As the voice leaves though in comes a huge orchestral melody that takes the breath away. I think I’d prefer a track more like that middle section but I must admit the return of the voice is very trippy as is the sudden change back to the orchestra with psychedelic trickles down the spine.

The Antidote - D ♭continues the orchestral sound slightly with long deep strings that make way for a glitchy electronic section and ending up with a fusion of the 2 sounds. Glitchy electronica with deep beautiful strings is probably quite hard to pull off but The Antidote has done a wonderful job with this one.

Earthling and Chicago – B is a fantastic piece of natural sounding ambient. The percussion sounds like bamboo drums matched by soft synths & the melody has a mystical feel to it, kind of eastern promise & spacey textures combining into an awe inspiring track. When the melody starts cascading down in a sonic waterfall of sounds it’s almost time for a new pair of trousers as this is one pants shittingly good ending.

Hallucinogen – E ends the compilation with one of the best tracks not only on this compilation but by Simon Posford. The piano melody is basically all there is apart from the ambient drones that shadow it & those that rush up & down behind it. It’s very melancholic, a feeling that is heightened by the violin that comes halfway through. One of Simon’s best efforts ever, so good it almost makes me angry that he doesn’t produce more down tempo music like this as it is far superior to his trance in this reviewers humble opinion.

Well then, this album was released back in 2001 when TIP.World still had a lot going for them, before they embraced a direction I’m not too fond of. This album probably does not appeal to the masses and that’s probably one of the reasons why it is so much better than TIP’s recent output. This is music made for the sake of good music, not just to instantly gratify some drugged up kids but to last for years of deep reflective meditation. It would be great if TIP.World could make a few more CDs like this. Release their half baked easily accessible stuff to make money but explore some more daring routes like they did here. One can dream.

• 1 year later...