Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet

Children

Guest pnyxtr[at]spray[dot]se

Of all trance music I've heard, this is among my absolute favourites. Crystal

blows me off my feet every single time. Alidade and Roma is also excellent.

Soft, introspective. Rating 8/10

• 3 months later...
Guest rx7style

This is a really nice CD. Good rhythms, nice melodies, and some good layering

techniques. It's a little old-school, but I'm just listening to it now, and

it was released 3 years ago! Anyway, definately worth a listen, and you

should probably add it to your collection. I like harmony!!! 8/10

Guest [Anonymous]

I would call this 'Tranz Substanz'. Its actually underground normal trance with

a little sound of psychedelica, nicely rounded off with 'creamed'

harmonies.All sounds great and really an album for people with a pleasure in

normal trance I feel. I didn't like it that much, just becuz it was normal

trancing, but i can picture people raving to this. The production is nicely

rounded off and I agree with the guy who said Atoll was the best. Overall a

nice album for the 'trance-infected'. 7/10

• 1 month later...
Guest sunconscious

this is a great album, but if you think you are gonna dance to it... grab a

brain its obviously not that kind of music

• 2 months later...
Guest Goa Spirit

Track 3 is great...... the rest are nice. but alidade is just mind blowing...

even after owning this for nearly 2 years, nothing beats alidade in the

mornings.... peace

• 6 months later...
Guest gabrielperez[at]netcourrier[dot]

I m listening it now and it s so relaxing and enjoyable that I feel like a

frisbee.Dangerous to have it in a car becauz this music make you forget where

u are if you concentrate on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest [Anonymous]

I bought this album in 1999.. that's the release year.

It's 4.22.2002 and im now listening it.. still.

I think.. I know this is the very best psytrance I have ever heard, indeed.

When I got it Crystal immediatilly flowed in my brain and infected it with

absolutely incredible visuals..

And the rest of the tracks were also absolutely great!

Can't hate the Blue Planet, because I live in it :)

• 2 months later...
Guest vortexian

Im a "softee" I guess... i think this album has its hardness, its all in

context to the softness of the ethereal pads, tranced out sounds. It doesnt

have the abrasive "crunch" of psytrance AND I LOVE IT!!

Its good to hear music that isnt trying to blast your senses into oblivion once

in awhile...

a very patient ethereal high minded album that will be in my collection

forever. 10/10

• 2 weeks later...
Guest X - Dreamer in NYC

My opinion is that this is one of the best cd's ever released!It's absoluteley

fantastic!

tracks 2,3,4,7,9,10 are the best ever!

My favourite is alidade,which makes me cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/10

• 3 years later...

Anyone who says that this isn't psychedelic needs there brain de-fucked! This stuff is beautiful, dreamy, trippy, journey music. I love all tracks and as an album it's just magnificent. I paid a lot of money for this just a year or two ago after looking for it for many years and I was not disapointed for a second. If you see it, BUY it!

• 1 year later...

BLUE PLANET CORPORATION - BLUE PLANET

FLYING RHINO

Posted Image

Track list:

01. 07'30" Apex - B+

02. 08'44" Crystal - A-

03. 10'48" Alidade - A-

04. 06'55" Micromega - B+

05. 07'33" Atoll - B

06. 06'47" Dialect - B+

07. 09'14" Open Sea - A- / A

08. 06'38" Roma - B

09. 10'28" Arcana - B+

In Conclusion, this is an excellent album. It's loaded with strong, juicy, and delectible sounds, melodies, and soundscapes. The melodies are often warm and sometimes very emotive. They are blended in such a way to make the album a very memorable experience. Virtually all tracks stand out. None are bad though a couple aren't all that great IMO. Few may appeal more or less to Goa fans while others seem to fit the criteria for Psytrance. Most tracks however are very good and great. From the burst of energy into high gear halfway into Apex, to the beautiful, emotive, and infectious melodies of Crystal and Open Sea, tracks 2 and 7 are the strongest Goa-esque tracks on the album. They're both beautiful. The only track I don't care for is Atoll and Dialect. Atoll tries a different, ethnic-influenced melodic trance style. Dialect is more driving and aggressive (as is Alidade) however Dialect becomes more repetitive as it progresses. Tracks 1, 3, and 6 add more darkness or aggression to an otherwise peaceful, gentle journey. The contrast is interesting, but somehow makes the album more complicated for better or worse. It would have been interesting if the artists' stuck to Goa-influenced trance and/or Goatrance throughout. Fortunately the more intense tracks compliment the album with variety and I prefer intensity with melody focus, as Alidade does well, not so much Dialect. The latter is a pretty cool, driving Psy piece regardless. Roma is very pretty and atmospheric but lacks a memorable lead. It sounds like a bunch of peaceful sounds and textures and then fades away. I often times forget Roma because it isn't all that gripping, regardless of the peaceful sounds sprinkled throughout. Arcana is more of a Psy/Goa downbeat number. It's really good but nothing spectacular. Overall, this is a really unique and passionate, at times beatifully produced album filled with attractive melody/sound work.

Favorite Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9.

A-

• 2 months later...

Posted Image

Blue Planet Corporation

Blue Planet

Flying Rhino Records

Tracklist

1 Apex (7:30)

2 Crystal (8:43)

3 Alidade (10:48)

4 Micromega (6:56)

5 Atoll (7:33)

6 Dialect (6:47)

7 Open Sea (9:14)

8 Roma (6:39)

9 Arcana (10:28)

I had heard a lot about this album a few years after it's release & really really wanted to here it. However I couldn't get my hands on it. I heard Micromega a number of times on various compilations & it just increased my desire to hear this album all the more. Still though, it was a bugger to get hold of. Finally I paid a lot of my hard earned for it but I never regretted it due to the pure quality of the tracks displayed here. I've heard many people call this unpsychedelic & I think this goes to show how subjective the term is. This might not be as melodic as old goa or as crazy as psy around this time but it creates beautiful soundscapes in my head & each track takes me on a miniature journey which is part of the long journey represented by the full album. It starts slow gets faster & faster then drops down again finally ending in an ambient masterpiece.

1 Apex

A slow glitchy start leads into a trippy sci fi sample about mankind's unsuitability to handle an alien power source. The beats are crunchy & the sounds are laced with metallic spacey nuances. Melody comes in very slightly towards the end but it's subtle & hidden for the most part. Stick on a pair of headphones to hear it for the minute before the beats stop. B)

2 Crystal

A crystalline melody carries between the two tracks, joining the 2 into one long track, carries on after the light pounding beat, the same sample from Apex & a deliciously delicate baseline. The simple repetitive melody is infectious & I like how it's played in different keys using different sounds. My favourite being the synth like melody falling in key like cascading waterfall. It amazing manages to twist & turn a lot while staying very focused. Great track.

3 Alidade

A more obvious transition to this track with a sudden increase in BPM. Suddenly into more pounding driving music but this is probably the reason I can't drive. I would be unable to focus on the road while listening to the intricate layers beneath the beat. This is a perfect example of how good music can build & build & build. The increase is not obvious but but gradual. At over 10 minutes the smooth gentle build takes this up to the sky into hyperspace round the Pleiades a few times then back to Earth. My only gripe would be the slightly out of place vocals that come in in the last couple of minutes. They are quite subtle & almost unnoticeable when not paying close attention but when you are spending your time listening to the music instead of merely hearing it I feel they would have been left out. A minor floor though as they are brief.

4 Micromega

This is the track that made it onto all those compilations. I heard it on Slipstream & Re:evolution & it just made me so angry that I didn't own this album. Another track that builds & builds into a journey. The turns are more obvious though with melodies coming & going & slight pitch changes. The Trance Dance sample may be a bit cheesy & I don't know what it's doing there but while not adding anything it doesn't detract either.

5 Atoll

Bom Bom Bom right from the start with loads of acidic sounds dropping down. After a quick breakdown comes a driving synthline making this a very danceable track. But that's not all, this is not just a body track it still has all the brain food as a few layers down is a softer synth melody, lush female vocals, flutes and a light fluffy melody. When the beat leaves for a while you can suddenly hear these all a lot more prominently & when it pounds back in they are still there in the 1st layer. Very nice structure :D

6 Dialect

Another high tempo track with lots of shuffling under-beats. A short but atmospheric drone comes in & out & I'm left waiting for it to reemerge. While I'm waiting I'm treated to nice soft oscillating synth work. The shuffles come back with a sample "we are out of control" that I'm not to sure about but I forgive it's presence as the rest of the track is sooooo good. That drone never came back though.

7 Open Sea

A messy start clears when the synth line comes in. A nice one, not so driving but still energetic enough to make me want to dance. Another danceable track with a fantastic melody that once again manages to feel like a sky blue cascade of sound flowing all over me like a sonic waterfall. All the sounds here are much more in your face than any of the other tracks & there are a lot of sounds. It could have sounded cluttered but they have been expertly ordered by BPC with just a few slips where it sounds odd. Other than that it's a great crazy maximal track.

8 Roma

A noticeable drop in pace from full on craziness of sound to this nice relaxed proggy number. The synths are more relaxed, the beat feels like it can breathe again and the melody dances in your head rather than your limbs. There is more ambience in the background that lift this track a lot and it really comes off as a treat for the mind.

9 Arcana

We finish with a much more downbeat number. The beats while still quite hefty are slower. A melodious sound repeats through the start and the end of the track. It's definitely a focal point as it fills my head when it's there & when it's not. I wait for it to come back as I know it will. While I'm waiting though as I'm listening for it I pick up the other sounds all the more. I focus harder when I expect it to return. When it does it's just building to one of the nicest synths I've heard at one point they seem to fill my entire life. There is just the one sound but it feels like a million of them at once. Finally a sample that fits. It's just a drawn out male vocal but it goes in to the rest of the track very nicely.

Well, this album could have been perfect. The only problem is that some of the samples are a little out of place & sound a bit too cheesy. Without them this would be a sublime journey into heaven with no bumps along the way but as it stands it's a sublime flight into the joyous afterlife but having to fly past dark clouds & mourning relatives. Not unpleasant, I'd just rather have the simpler ride.

Quite rare right now so if you see this you should definitely buy it because it's not only rare it's also bloody good :D

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

been keeping my eyes open for this one for quite some time now.....but have had no luck...

i once had the chance for this one in my local psy record shop but always bought something else...until it went bankrupt and was no more....that was 1999 or something....crap .... :angry:

I WANT THIS (for a reasonable price)!!!!!!!!!

Anyone?.....

• 9 months later...