Miranda - Asynja

tbe

Guest concord[at]abv[dot]bg

Miranda is realy queen in psytrance music!!! I am Bulgarian and I have some

difficulties to find Mirandas's albums and songs. Psy trance music is the best

in tha world!!! My favourite song in this album is Groom Lake. Bye.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest alien_vibes[at]hotmail[dot]com

it's an excelent album. i give it 11/10. EVOLUTION QUEST, ENIGMA

it's the the best trucks had ever hear.... buy it!!!!!!!!!

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

MIRANDA - ASYNJA

GOLDHEAD RECORDS

Posted Image

Track listing:

01. 08'18" Groom Lake

02. 07'37" Evolution Quest

03. 07'58" Anxiety

04. 07'22" Keep Calm

05. 07'59" Magnetic Levitation

06. 07'43" Visitors

07. 09'25" Hypnotic Trance

08. 07'32" Enigma

I have all of this energy to comment after listening to her albums thoughout the last several weeks. Miranda did a great job with Asynja. This is a much more experienced and mature album than 1997's Real Rush and it seems to have less filler than 1999's The Northern Lights too. I noticed fewer mixed comments from many years back. I think few people who were generally goa fans misinterpreted Miranda's direction and style. She clearly brought together the lines of Goa/Psy influenced Trance with a dynamic club friendly edge, without the mainstream clubby sound. On certain tracks 4, 5, 8, the Goa is heavily influenced. Whereas tracks 1, 2, 3 for starters appear as Miranda's fast and metal/industrial textured Full On Psytrance. This combination has always been present throughout her albums. But on Asynja, the goal was to focus on the stronger beats and build up to both stronger beats and some of the most driving, melody combinations I have heard by her yet.

01. Groom Lake is a good opening. It begins with a fairly lengthy, though moderately interesting introduction. I like her interest on ET's, space, and spirituality. She seems generally smart and aware actually. The style is more dynamic and animate. Miranda has become more fun and playful with the kickdrum too. It brings more life and movement into the song. I like that. The guitar work is well done too. And I'm glad she rarely uses the guitar on her albums. It's often very effective and complimentary when she does. Oveall this is a solid opening, nothing spectacular or vastly gripping. But I really like her emphasis with the kick drum and various other mixed in sound effects here. B

02. Evolution Quest isn't as catchy as the previous number until the midway point where it transcends into a strong and melodically driving dance piece. Good track, different at first but overall less capturing earlier on. Nice change up in direction around half-way though. B-

03. Anxiety starts out like a raging tycoon of adrenaline, very powerful, though less powerful in the second half as it doesn't build up to a stronger second half as the previous track. The song is relatively strong, fast, and furious, and emphasis a powerful rhythm. However it becomes less gripping the further it continues, in my opinion. B-

04. Keep Calm is a more developed number that finally brings in Miranda's talented melody braiding combinations. It's a solid Psy meets Goa track and remains attractively driving, catchy. Interesting is the track titles that appear to be telling someone to relax and remain calm because he/she is anxious and about to explode. B+

05. Magnetic Levitation is the explosion I've been looking forward to on this album. Miranda could give us eight tracks on this level and she'd release a masterpiece. The song emphasis Goa melodies more than any other song on the album so far. It's infectious, psychedelic, intelligent, powerful, and climactic. This is an extremely cool track, like an angel flying its wings and being free. And my most favorite number on the album so far. A-

06. Visitors is a slower and/or less climactic mid-tempo number. It's tactfully placed to separate two super songs apart. But it isn't as evolved or as developed as it could be. The opening is good; this is a song that follows a more square structure than previous tracks. It's basically a not as fast and psy influenced track with an arguably clubby or club influenced melody. The song appears to be less explorative, deep, and rich as well. Fortunately, it's relatively good and appeals in a more consistent, slowly driving way. I just find it noticeably less catchy than the previous two numbers, regardless of previous number's higher energy and complexity. B

07. Hypnotic Trance is the next super song on the album, since Magnetic Levitation. The track is a dance floor tidal wave of climactic rhythms, and not just one but two, developed infectious melody leads that the song returns to like a chorus. The track is a gem, though it breaks less barriars and travels closer to home than track 5 did, this song must be amazing on the dance floor. I find this comparable to M.W.N.N.'s great VaVoom track in the sense this is also a Full On, Goa influenced, club friendly numbe. But this isn't one-third as Goa/clubby sounding as VaVoom in my opinion. Miranda made sure to keep her Psy edge intact as she temporally lost during Mars Needs Women on Northern Lights. I thought Mars Needs Women was a great and catchy club friendly song regardless. And it's very cool to see her hear something with more imagination, fire, and complexity. This is a wonderful track. It's my favorite on the album next to track 5. A-

08. Enigma begins good as a strong downtempo piece. Towards the middle is an intriguing transition, using rain and storm effects combined with numerous Psychedelic sounds. Soon after the piece develops and evolves several wonderful melodies merely hinted at earlier on. I wasn't expecting this to be nearly as ascending, beautiful, and uplifting sounding as it is the more it progresses. I actually love the song's direction. It seems like a lot of focus on passion has gone into giving this the sound and evolution that it is. Miranda closes the album off with one of the most strong, unique, and memorable lasting impression ever. She does wonderful downtempo music actually and should seriously consider cutting a downtempo album. They're ridiculously popular now days, and she has a lot of creativity and experience with both the genre and scene. In the end of this song I smiled. I feel like Miranda really understands what most of her fans love and sometimes miss more than they care to admit, that being Miranda. A-

In conclusion, Miranda's 4th album is arguably her strongest release since Phenomena back in the mid 90's. I heard her debut after all the others so I had already felt more connected to her more modern style. Phenomena was a superb Goa album that I'd imagine the general Goa listener agreeing with me that her debut was more ahead of its time than any of her other albums. In a sense, it was groundbreaking. But I personally find more enjoyment out of both this and her previous album. With Asynja, Miranda returns with her industrial/metal sprinkled Goa influenced Psytrance. There is some extremely well done work here and no track is less than average, though I find few really superb. Asynja has more quality over quanity than Northern Lights and I know many people appreciated that. What else is there to say. This is arguably Miranda's best album. It is unquestionably her strongest Psytrance album if we were to categorize the debut strictly as Goa, and many people have I've noticed. In short, Asynja kicks ass from start to finish and has at least two superb songs around the middle. With all the Full On crap releasing now days, it's hard to imagine that an attractive female like Miranda thinks she wouldn't make good sales by producing another kickass gem. We just seem to be at that time where, with the right label and marketing, Miranda would do better than ever before. She's a cute girl who makes kickass dance Psytrance. In other words, she sells herself just based on being a pretty lady who also happens to make good music. I don't know what she's up to now days. But I adore her music. Miranda is one of the most talented and underrated female artists on the planet. And if she decides to make another passion album again one day, assuming she's working with a great label who knows how to attract high sales, I'd love to here it. And for the record, more tracks on the level of Magnetic Levitation. Track 5 is one of the most infectious, adrenaline rushes I have ever experienced in music. And why isn't this not selling on saikosounds and psyshop anymore? What are they out of copies? So get more!

Favorite tracks - 4, 5, 7, 8.

B+

Samples

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=1924

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/why/why1cd016.html

• 4 years later...

uh.... this should really not be on this site... just because they have made

goa doesn't mean their CD should be here no matter what. What it Miranda

turned into Brittni Spears? would be on this site? GOD this album sucks if you

like club trance get it. UNINSPIRED SHIT!

I don't get this kind of comment !

Very good album, very good sound, powerful music ! Tracks 4 and 5 = F***ing sick!

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 7/10/2008 at 6:32 PM, Jon Cocco said:

I have all of this energy to comment after listening to her albums thoughout the last several weeks. Miranda did a great job with Asynja. This is a much more experienced and mature album than 1997's Real Rush and it seems to have less filler than 1999's The Northern Lights too. I noticed fewer mixed comments from many years back. I think few people who were generally goa fans misinterpreted Miranda's direction and style. She clearly brought together the lines of Goa/Psy influenced Trance with a dynamic club friendly edge, without the mainstream clubby sound.

Yes I think a lot of people misunderstood it, but a lot of people loved it too. According the interview here on psynews from the year 2000, when asked about her upcoming album Asynja, she stated: "It is a little bit back to basics whith more riffs and touch of industrial influences."

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/37536-artist-miranda/

Which makes a lot of sense in retrospect. This album has grown on me, perhaps because I listened too much on her earlier albums before, so this album became quite neglected. So it sounds fresh today. :) Favourite track is definitely Groom Lake. Massive kick drum and drive in it, as expected from Miranda. Perhaps this album was stuck somewhere in-between the stylistic developments of the time, it was an era were the general style was changing quite dramatically. The classic goa was long gone, and most stuff had a preponderance towards a darker and more psychedelic edge. So it was a transition period for the psychedelic trance music. Where the direction wasn't quite clear yet, there were lots of new different styles emerging. Some of which branched of and developed into new sub-genres.

This album in retrospect has more in common with the classic goa than the stuff that was emerging. Perhaps a bit similar to MFG-The Message, released in 2002. That album was really a farewell letter to the classic style, and the last album they made in that tradition. The same argument could be used here as well, as it was her last proper goa album.