Distinguished (red) albums/compils from old DB?

gstarcev

Could someone please pull the list of those redly colored albums and compilations from the old album/compilations database?

Or if not, could someone explain to me the criteria on which those 'red' compilations or albums were chosen?

I know that it will take time for the whole reviews to be put back online as mentioned in the FAQ but this list is really something that was helpfull to me (a newcomer) as a kind of authoritative information on what is out there, worth checking..

Could someone please pull the list of those redly colored albums and compilations from the old album/compilations database?

Or if not, could someone explain to me the criteria on which those 'red' compilations or albums were chosen?

I know that it will take time for the whole reviews to be put back online as mentioned in the FAQ but this list is really something that was helpfull to me (a newcomer) as a kind of authoritative information on what is out there, worth checking..

440873[/snapback]

I wouldn't rely on those red markings - lots of classic albums are not highlighted, and approx. 20% of those that are, are not worth it. As I remember, the decision was made by Children and Mars based on reviews and user's TOPs, but Children was very childish in his views. "Tracks X, Y and Z are bad tracks", "This isn't melodic, it's not goatrance, 1/10" etc - you remember that "reviews" ;):D

I wouldn't rely on those red markings - lots of classic albums are not highlighted

441011[/snapback]

Due to the recent atmosphere on the board I feel ashamed to even ask which 'classic' albums are not highlighted, but what the fuck! -- which are they??

I totally see what you are saying with stuff like 'Thee Psychochemickal Experience Live At Goa Gajah', and 'Witchcraft' NOT being highlighted, speaking of 1998 for example...

I mean, I don't want to accidentally stumble upon great stuff like this every now and then in time intervals of half a year in between :angry:

Any neat clean text list(s) of 'classical' stuff out there would greatly suffice.

• 2 weeks later...

but Children was very childish in his views. "Tracks X, Y and Z are bad tracks", "This isn't melodic, it's not goatrance, 1/10" etc - you remember that "reviews"

maybe but at least back then you'd read a review and know if the album was worth buying... that is so not the case today...

maybe but at least back then you'd read a review and know if the album was worth buying... that is so not the case today...

449410[/snapback]

Yeah, but peoples tastes differ so much anyway... Someone might love what the other one hates.

449410[/snapback]

Don't quite see what you mean there. At least children's reviews are pretty useless, as they're all based on his limited tastes, and not the quality of the music. The reviews made by people here nowadays are generally much more informative than that.

Don't quite see what you mean there. At least children's reviews are pretty useless, as they're all based on his limited tastes, and not the quality of the music. The reviews made by people here nowadays are generally much more informative than that.

449430[/snapback]

That's what i planned to say :D

I wouldn't rely on those red markings - lots of classic albums are not highlighted, and approx. 20% of those that are, are not worth it. As I remember, the decision was made by Children and Mars based on reviews and user's TOPs, but Children was very childish in his views. "Tracks X, Y and Z are bad tracks", "This isn't melodic, it's not goatrance, 1/10" etc - you remember that "reviews" ;):D

441011[/snapback]

And if remember right the reviews had nothing to do with if the album was highlighted in red or not. There were polls do chose the best albums. But I might be wrong, it's loooong ago... ;)

449410[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree to that.

449430[/snapback]

The point is that for example with children, if you have the same taste like he had, his remarks gave you a pretty good view if you might like the album or not. It's not only like that with children but also with other well-known names of reviews. It's still a bit like that with new reviews (and I'm far from bashing the new reviews, the new reviews also help me, just in a different way) but it's more about describing the tracks instead of stating your own taste.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

yes, the releases were highlited in red when, after each end of year you could give your 3 or 5 (i don't remember) favourites cd of the year.

Technossomy - Synthetic Flesh

The Infinity Project - Feeling Weird

Juno Reactor - Transmissions

they're all NOT highlighted, despite majority of enthusiastic reviews... :(