freeware synths! anyone know any reliable

im looking for more freeware synths, not just any but some that are not hungry for resources....so not those blown up vstis with amazing guis rather simple but effective ones.

i personaly have found the stuff by mda quite reliable.

im asking this because im fedup of having to export audio tracks, only to find that im not satisfied with the sound, chords or line and having to do the whole thing again.... one thing that really suffers while working in this way is the arrangement...as audio tracks arent that flexible...

plaese only post stuff you have experience with, and know to be reliable..

thanks in advance..

you probably know this place already, but if not it's definitely worth checking:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=resul...&sort=1&rpp=100

almost 500 free VSTim though probably only 10% of them worth downloading :D

there's also a very good selection of free VSTi and VST FX here:

http://www.madtracker.org/plugins.php

Edited by antic

At KVR there is a user ratings page...there you can have a list of the best free synths in the world. And the list is quite reliable. Personaly, my favorite is Green Oak Crystal and Ugo Texture... Both are on the list and you can directly dowload from that Page

but as most free synths, they always lack of something. With some patience you can get something out

There is also Synth 1 as mentioned and Free Alpha, wich is from Linplug and it is like a smaller version of Albino...

The Page i am talking about is this: Best free awares

Btw...as i told before, i am going wild on free VST because i am not home...therefore all i need now is those free synths. you could see some of the *emnh*...... result on that Drak progressive track i just posted here on psynews. Everything there is made on Free aware, and some of the Logic native Plug ins

Shameless self-promotion...*gets all red*

download minimogueVA, Xhip, superwaveP8, muon tau, mda jx10, freealpha, poliyblit, odo rythms, odo drfusion

this synths with some free effects can with not much problem emulate the psytrance from the good old days in high quality, minimogueVa is a emulation of minimoog and can emulate astral projection leads, Xhip is a emulation if the Sh101 and can emulate much hallucinogen sounds, including the bubling sounds of Deranger and the distorded sound at the end of Fluoro neuro Shponge, rythms and drfusion are great drumsynths that can produce any kick and hihat from our good old days! Don´t foret alzo to download the classic series of this developer: http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php there you can find all the classic effects used in our good old days.