Race games with psytrance music

radi6404

an old racing game called Dethkarz (which really rocked, too bad it's only 3dfx) had trance music on it ti htink. dont remember :P

418033[/snapback]

Do you remember this awesome game, it has really great psytrance on it, the graphic wasn´t so good but the game still made fun and the music was oldschool calssic.

Hey has noone played NFS 3? I wonder why noone said anything about that, especially on the mountainmaps the music was great psytrance, not like astral but more like classical psytrance with the classic not unison or superwave synths and on the desert maps psytrance has played, too. Anyway Simon´s tune in GT4 sounds great in my opinion.

417997[/snapback]

NFS3 was my fist racing game! Loved it :wub:

But the music - psy-trance? WHAT? I mean, you can choose between electronic or more rock-oriented pieces, yep, but the electronic isn't very psy IMHO. Although back then I haven't been into psy much ... but still. It's synthy ... and some stuff is quite catchy (the synth music of the first track when you drive it in winter for example (you know what I mean, don't you?) ... or one of the themes in the main menu ... and some others...), but nothing real psy I would say...

NFS3 was my fist racing game! Loved it :wub:

But the music - psy-trance? WHAT? I mean, you can choose between electronic or more rock-oriented pieces, yep, but the electronic isn't very psy IMHO. Although back then I haven't been into psy much ... but still. It's synthy ... and some stuff is quite catchy (the synth music of the first track when you drive it in winter for example (you know what I mean, don't you?) ... or one of the themes in the main menu ... and some others...), but nothing real psy I would say...

418568[/snapback]

which wintertrack do you mean? Do you mean countrywoods? And oh there where some psypeaces in the game like the music on two mountaintrakcs, rockypass and summit i think.

Then please call what genre is this music coz i like this music alot and want more suff like this.

It really works. I have friends who despise all my goa and ambient, but when they hear a soundtrack, they immediately love it unless it sucks balls totally. I.e, they like the soundtracks to Half Life, Silent Hill and stuff like that. I'm like "well if you like this music you should try..." and they're like "shut the fuck up with your trance music!"

Guest Astro Cortex

It really works. I have friends who despise all my goa and ambient, but when they hear a soundtrack, they immediately love it unless it sucks balls totally. I.e, they like the soundtracks to Half Life, Silent Hill and stuff like that. I'm like "well if you like this music you should try..." and they're like "shut the fuck up with your trance music!"

418653[/snapback]

Sadly, that's most peoples' approach to electronic (/instrumental?) music and soundtracks. They need to have the pictorial association with the music, i.e. they can't do anything with the music on its own. What a poor bunch of ignorant reality addicts <_<

Sadly, that's most peoples' approach to electronic (/instrumental?) music and soundtracks. They need to have the pictorial association with the music, i.e. they can't do anything with the music on its own. What a poor bunch of ignorant reality addicts <_<

418681[/snapback]

I am ready to agree.

Yeah, I put on the Sigilweaver album one time my friends and I were playing Perfect Dark Zero and they actually thought it flowed well with the game. For an album I thought was aquired for psytrancer's tastes, I was suprised. I have doubts though that out of the context of the game if they wouldh've enjoyed some Ghreg on Earth, even if they were somewhat open about different forms of music.

Do you remember this awesome game, it has really great psytrance on it, the graphic wasn´t so good but the game still made fun and the music was oldschool calssic.

418124[/snapback]

the gfx were awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn

i wanna play it again

it was so fun

where do I get it? :D

which wintertrack do you mean? Do you mean countrywoods? And oh there where some psypeaces in the game like the music on two mountaintrakcs, rockypass and summit i think.

Then please call what genre is this music coz i like this music alot and want more suff like this.

418586[/snapback]

Yep, Country Woods was the name ... and you're right about Rocky Pass / Summit too :)

Genre description ... phew, that's hard indeed ... I'd say it's trance merged with synth-electronic ... somewhat ... but neither psy nor trance would define it exactly...

Yep, Country Woods was the name ... and you're right about Rocky Pass / Summit too :)

Genre description ... phew, that's hard indeed ... I'd say it's trance merged with synth-electronic ... somewhat ... but neither psy nor trance would define it exactly...

418891[/snapback]

I think except this old racegames it isn´t possible to find such great electronic music. I liked near all electronical peaces that where for the main menus and all electronical peaces on the roads. Hey okey the music in countrywoods and hometown wasn´t psytrance but the music on rocky pass and summit and the music of the two desert maps was definetly psychedelic or do you have another meaning? If someone have the music cut he/she pm me and give it me or give me a link where i can download this, about the game i think that i can´t find this great classic anymore, fuck why is my cd broken?