From where do you buy Psytrance CDs?

A Massive Zebra

One record shop near me actually has lots of psy cd's. I've bought around 10 there i supposed. Now there's no psy left after my fierce attacks ;)

Other than that, I've ordered from Amazon.com and Psyshop.de

I almost only buy my psytrance CDs from saikosounds.com. Their support is good, and the samples they offer for the CD previews really help me decide if a CD is worth getting or not. Just for that I like to support them by buying CDs from there. It is usually the fastest way to get CDs, considering that it takes the same amount of time to come from Hong Kong as it does to come from Germany or the United Kingdom, well perhaps a bit longer from Hong Kong.

I don't really like collecting antiques of old Goa LPs from 1996, so I don't even try. My music has always had more essence in digital form. :P:unsure:

after a long search I have still not been able to locate several quality albums (such as Mystery of the Yeti, Transwave - Helium, Jaia - Fiction, Pleiadians - IFO etc) and was wondering if you have any recommendations as to where they can be found.

411861[/snapback]

Jaia - Fiction is available at the ever popular online store, www.saikosounds.com. Psyshop hasn't seemed to have it in over a month or two! ... and of course www.psyshop.com is very recommended.

Both of those online stores are popular, especially here to my knowledge. I'm more familair with psyshop, which I also recommend. I never had any problems with them, nor saikosounds either. The guys at psyshop communicated with me when an album came broken. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. That was the only problelm I ever had and it was corrected without further stress. I recommend www.psyshop.com... and www.amazon.co.uk for rare or older goatrance albums especially.

Oh, and some may argue this, but I don't recommend placing more than 6-8 albums sn order because once you pass a hundred bucks on an order, it starts looking expensive and just in case, what if the box gets lost in the mail or something strange happens? You'll more likely have less stress if you don't make big orders, assuming you're not a label ordering from a distributer or for sale purposes that is. Most people aren't out to screw you. Regardless, if you haven't ordered from a site before and will try it out, I'd order one or several. If I like the service you can always return.

Jaia - Fiction is available at the ever popular online store, www.saikosounds.com. Psyshop hasn't seemed to have it in over a month or two! ... and of course www.psyshop.com is very recommended.

Both of those online stores are popular, especially here to my knowledge. I'm more familair with psyshop, which I also recommend. I never had any problems with them, nor saikosounds either. The guys at psyshop communicated with me when an album came broken. I sent it back and they sent me a new one. That was the only problelm I ever had and it was corrected without further stress. I recommend www.psyshop.com...  and www.amazon.co.uk for rare or older goatrance albums especially.

Oh, and some may argue this, but I don't recommend placing more than 6-8 albums sn order because once you pass a hundred bucks on an order, it starts looking expensive and just in case, what if the box gets lost in the mail or something strange happens? You'll more likely have less stress if you don't make big orders, assuming you're not a label ordering from a distributer or for sale purposes that is. Most people aren't out to screw you. Regardless, if you haven't ordered from a site before and will try it out, I'd order one or several. If I like the service you can always return.

433418[/snapback]

hi Jon, but isnt there some form of registered shipping?

i mean spend like 100$ and then hope that it will arrive... what about some guarantees?

:)

hi Jon, but isnt there some form of registered shipping?

i mean spend like 100$ and then hope that it will arrive... what about some guarantees?

:)

433459[/snapback]

Oh, like to keep track of the mail in case anything happens, is that what you mean by registered shipping? If so, than yes, I believe so. As far as guarantees goes, that depends on who the buyer orders from I suppose.

I get an order number each time I place in order. I copy and paste that number, and keep the confirmation e-mail that shows when the order was placed or will go out. I rarely ever have to ask for anything more, but problems unfortunately happen at times.

If an online store loses 10 cd's or more, I'd imagine it could be a possibility for them to drag out the time-table of the albums arrival. (5-10 days for instance via priority airmail I think) so they don't feel oblligated to send out another box when the box already sent may just be late for whatever reason, or in some cases orders get backed up I would imagine, like on holidays.

Speaking of orders, I like psyshop and saikosounds for trance albums the most. They don't carry everything I want though, but they specialize specifically in what I want for much trance/chill. For something older that seems to be out of stock most places, like Transwave - Helium, I'd check EBAY from time to time, which could get pricey but you have a better chance finding something rare or older at EBAY because anyone could sell it at anytime.

I like amazon because they basically oversee and record the order, transaction, user, buyer, etc.. It has to go through them to happen so in part I feel they're relatively responsible if I don't get my order, even if they're not the direct sender. With some place less widely known or familair though (which to me was the other psytrance shops at one time) a buyer not always knows what level of commitment he or she may have if "something" happens to the cd and/or they don't get their order for some reason. But that goes back to what you said about guarantees I think. It's all relative. :)