Help in buying cd's...

Guest The Journey Man Project

Guest The Journey Man Project

yes yes I have an iPod and yes I'm taking it with mp3 but I still buy the cd's first before ripping them to my iPod... yes it's expensive and yes I could just download illegal mp3 but I don't so now this is out of the way:

I have enough to buy 10 cd's at saikosounds.

I want help with 8 of them:

2 dark trance compilations => was thinking the two from temple twisters?

2 progressive => 1 is street art from tribal vision, 1 more compilation?

2 ambient => is capsula album good? another 1 please...

2 new school goa => am getting 1 is suntrip compilation, 1 album tip please?

the last two is music from databloem, already decided ;)

thanx,

Mike

Dark:

Hmm, I would not recommend the temple twisters... maybe lethal doses, but certainly not LSD (it's bad, aside from that one goodie). Try a compilation from Last Possible solution such as Symptoms of Compliance - it's diverse and artistically interesting at times.

Prog:

Do you already have Inner Circle? I'd also recommend A Day After if you don't have it.

Ambient:

Matenda's latest was quite enjoyable, and I also like Galaxy's on the same label. Very smooth listening that doesn't get old.

Goa:

Torakka would be my suggestion - see my review here. I still don't know why people haven't said much about it.

Hope it helps.

Peace.

2 dark trance compilations => was thinking the two from temple twisters?

i wouldn't recommend those either for listening, that's in-your-face dancefloor material: i'd rather recommend nabi, parvati or trishula stuff

2 new school goa => am getting 1 is suntrip compilation, 1 album tip please?

407514[/snapback]

maybe not exactly nu skool goa but at least close enough: something by glowing flame records, either duality or braincell

Dark:

Hmm, I would not recommend the temple twisters... maybe lethal doses, but certainly not LSD (it's bad, aside from that one goodie). Try a compilation from Last Possible solution such as Symptoms of Compliance - it's diverse and artistically interesting at times.

407532[/snapback]

Symptoms of compliance is quite good... i have played Registered user well throughout the year but i wouln't call that 'compilation' diverse... to each their own i suppose... is still quality

edit: yes, get Capsula, is very nice stuff... ;)

It's got humourous rave nonsense with evil hoovers, droning hard techtrance, a few more atmospheric tunes... it's about as diverse as this slice of psytrance gets ;) think of all the countless darkpsy compilations all at 148 bpm with scratchy sounds and screaming samples :ph34r: haha...

As you're going to Japan you should check out JP Noir on b.p.f records, its a really good japanese comp. very cool and sounds very futuristic just like tokyo or minato mirai 21.

ps Japanese record shops are great place to find all the rare stuff you've been looking for and lots of stuff gets released here first.

have fun