How is the MELODIC "Planum - Elaborate" album?

Jon Cocco

Name of album: Planum - Elaborate

Has anyone heard or know about this recently released melodic psytrance album? :huh:

The same label who released Talpa - The Art of Being Non released this. I was surprised to hear several tracks (melodies) very catchy. (tracks 1, 5, 6, and 10) I really like. They prompted me to post this thread. Samples on psyshop here:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sud/sud1cd029.html

P.S.: I don't find this [as] up there with Talpa, but if I thought it was bad or just "okay" I wouldn't waste my time posting it. I realize just because a label releases one album that's considered great by many doesn't mean another artist will get the same response or popularity.

I found this album when searching what other albums were released by "those" who releasaed Talpa, which I consider one of last years TOP albums. Several tracks seem very cool on Planum - Elaborate if you're into more mature (not fluffy) melodies. You decide. Some of it reminds me of the higher-pitched sounds used in Misted Muppet, but in a different style. I felt myself getting hooked about 15 seconds into track 1 called Deep sounds very unique, catchy, and somewhat hypnotic I thought. Then there is this somewhat IM influence in a track or two that made me cringe a bit.

What do you think? :)

Woow, the samples sound nice. I sure have to put this on my wantlist, but it doesn't sound as good as Nystagmus (imho, of course and just judging from the samples). Thanks for showing me!

I can't say it's worse than Nystagmus, because Nystagmus uses the same tricks'n'sounds throught his album too =]

Planum is a very mature musician I'd say... it may sound too similar but it took me like 5 listens to fully appreciate his album.

If you are looking for interesting, more experimental and emotional psytrance - take a listen.

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, you can take a look at the review section... !?

:ph34r:

377309[/snapback]

I just posted a full review of this album in the 2005 Review Section!