03. Sleepwalking (Alien Rmx)

04. Adrenaline

05. Afterburner

06. Guess What (Rmx)

07. Groove Control

08. Electric Behaviour

09. Rolling Stone

10. Highland Encounters

okies, after posting a less than helpful comment on this album yesterday i thought i'd try and sort out some form of review. now i'm not so good with these and you won't get a track by track guide through the album but please bare with me. Basically Orion is Jean Borelli, a name that has been kicking around in the Psy-Trance scene for many many years. Previous to this i think he's released three other albums, one on phantatsm, one has been re-released on avatar and then two on solstice.

now for me his previous album (artificial frequencies) seemed to be lacking somewhat in energy and didn't really do it for me. The sounds were there and the intent was there but smething was not quite right, this album however, is a return to form. the energy is back in the music and the structure and manner in which many of the tracks build very very good. this is probably more like full n daytime music but without the cheese that seemes to lurk on a lot of full on stuff at the moment.

aside from Track 3: Sleepwalking (spoileded by a dodgy 303 line) this album has some lovely tracks that are all upbeat (all but one are over 140bpm i reckon) but have that crisp clean scando sound production and lovely rolling basslines that will definately get you dancing iin the afternoon sun.

fave tracks are:

01. Beat The Bomb

05. Afterburner

07. Groove Control

08. Electric Behaviour

09. Rolling Stone

IMO this album is feckin great.......one of the best of 2005, better than the one before, the first track and last four tracks are awesome. also, he kicked arse at omni 2005. if you haven't heard it then give it a listen its not shit :D

can't link the piccy so click here

rain - is that a bit more helpful??

ah ok...sorry.....maybe this should have just been a recommendation......tell you what...i'll try and piece to gether a decent review today......

:D

(did i post this in here originally??)

ah ok...sorry.....maybe this should have just been a recommendation......tell you what...i'll try and piece to gether a decent review today......

(did i post this in here originally??)

373183[/snapback]

Nah you didnt, big brother Tekk moved it :)

ok i made it a little more helpful..........not sure if its better but *shrugs* i made a bit of an effort....apologies once again....

cheers

B

ps. i'm not sure how to edit the title properly

What's so great about this album? It's a psybeat with predictable 'melodic' noises... at a big illegal afterparty last week the music was really boring so my friend turns to me and goes "this is almost Orion boring"... then 10 seconds later we hear Groove Control being mixed into the set.

Oh well, at least we had some giggles. Thanks Orion!

*yawn*...........is this where i end up getting into an argument about something that is totally subjective??.......clearly, this is just an opinion, admittedly probably not very well articulated one at that......:P

.....as with all these things, its horses for courses innit, maybe i just like boring music??...*shrugs*......for me most of the music that i have heard recently has been boring, and this album made me stop listen and enjoy, and even be arsed to put a comment on a www forum about it. its got nice production, nice sounds, good momentum, i like it for the same reasons i like like logic bomb, SCS and tranan and that kind of stuff. its upbeat daytime music, but not cheesy like a lot of israeli stuff. For me it doesn't sound like most of the stuff that is being released at the mo. less tedious than yawnsome dark full on (haven't heard any good full on since RAM and the Digital Talk album) or boring prog.... :ph34r:

*yawn*...........is this where i end up getting into an argument about something that is totally subjective??.......clearly, this is just an opinion, admittedly probably not very well articulated one at that......:P

.....as with all these things, its horses for courses innit, maybe i just like boring music??...*shrugs*......for me most of the music that i have heard recently has been boring, and this album made me stop listen and enjoy, and even be arsed to put a comment on a www forum about it. its got nice production, nice sounds, good momentum, i like it for the same reasons i like like logic bomb, SCS and tranan and that kind of stuff. its upbeat daytime music, but not cheesy like a lot of israeli stuff. For me it doesn't sound like most of the stuff that is being released at the mo. less tedious than yawnsome dark full on (haven't heard any good full on since RAM and the Digital Talk album) or boring prog.... :ph34r:

375890[/snapback]

"It's not as bad as something else"

Good argument! Kudos!

"It's not as bad as something else"

Good argument! Kudos!

377267[/snapback]

---------------

eyethankyou...............

.............now bow before my superior discussion skills MWAHAHAHAHA....

:P

What's so great about this album? It's a psybeat with predictable 'melodic' noises... at a big illegal afterparty last week the music was really boring so my friend turns to me and goes "this is almost Orion boring"... then 10 seconds later we hear Groove Control being mixed into the set.

Oh well, at least we had some giggles. Thanks Orion!

375633[/snapback]

Now that is just wrong :)

True that his last album IMO isn't really up to the standard set by Artificial Frequencies and Metamorpheus (not to mention Futuristic Poetry), but it's at least 2 times better than any other full-on album released this year. Even with the evident influence of full-on (damn this Ari Linker!), his sound still remains very recognizable and different. There is no stringht-in-your-face melodies played with some default VST setting. He mostly concentrates on grooves and the way various layers interact with eachother.

Sure, it's not as psychedelic as I'd like it to be, but lately hardly any album meets the standards (Voice of Cod and VA - Wild Rumpus come to my mind). That's just good music - nothing groundbreaking and innovative, but still it's worth to give it a listen. Especially, when like me you don't fancy dark-psy or progressive (with the exception of Jaia :)) and the only things left is crappy production-line israeli full-on and occasionaly some true psy-trance album coming from UK :)

• 1 month later...

To admit, i find that album really catchy, I mean of course it is not so original, but it is full of power and energy! Some tracks are actual very good tracks, I think of tracks 4 and 5 for example. But like a lot of full on albums, it can make you tired when you listen to the full album at once.

• 7 months later...

This is really serious and trippy psychedelic trance music.

The production quality is top notch.

The style is original.

The music is danceable and atmospheric ideal for both clubs and home listening.

Orion is and will always be one of my favorite producers and artists out there.He is low profile and an amazing character,one of the true pioneers of this scene.

On this album you wont find any hits or any classic tracks but you will find great music and you can listen to the whole cd nonstop without any skips.

For me this is a great release and i like every single tune in here,one of my favorite releases from last year.

9/10 for this serious album.

Keep it up mate.

I mostly agree with Detox, although I'm a little less enthusiastic... Orion creates a deeper sound than all the other full-on guys out there, but you aren't going to catch the details if you skim through or play it in the background. I disliked the previous album, but this one strikes a nice balance between serious sounds and playful grooves. Fun stuff!