voice of cod and 1200 mics live kickin

technosomy

Haven't heard the Voice Of Cod (but it's on my wantlist...) but I do have 1200 Mics and Raja Ram. I like both CDs a lot. 1200 Mics is what you can expect, if you like their sound, you will like the live CD. The tracks sound different than on the albums and are mixed together. Raja Rams comp is also good. Nice israeli full-on (not skazi like), some with vocals and eveything with nice melodies. The mixing is also ok since Raja Ram didn't mix it himself but just chose the tracks.

I guess most people here will bash both albums but if you are intro that kind of sound it's a good release (imho).

i couldn't agree less about the new raja ram.

1. it is badly mixed (as it is not mixed by himself he should have asked somebody who knows his art)

2. has no flow at all for a mixed cd (jumps between substyles and is not at all story telling)

3. tracks itself are boring as hell (as far as i remember 4 guitar tracks, and the first two in a row)

all in all not fresh, just the usual full on which has had it's time long ago. cover art has been discussed already and i find it also just ridiculous. (but maybe he is a really ironic person so that he wanted to make an ironic statement against mr. rockstar skazi?)

when performing live with 1200 mics or as a dj i have to say it is fun to attend and his way of performing is just great (doesn't make the music better, but i give a shit then ;-)

just my 2 cents

I guess you are right about the cover art. I mean this can't be taken seriously and even when he is a drugged old granpa he sure knows that this is beyond good and bad. So he must do it with purpose. About the rest of your post: it's about taste. I've expected worse from a comp from Raja Ram (mixing skills I mean)... :)

The VoC' album is fuckin' brilliant!

It's the most amazing music I've heard this year and it easily enters my top3 CDs of the genre. Like Damion said, it's very mature, with distinct and unique sound, incredibly musical and cleverly aranged / structured. Very intelligent, cheeky, funny but at the same time very dancefloor friendly and kicking. The production's also top notch - very clean, transparent and groovy.

I'd locate it somewhere between old-school psychedelic trance (Cosmosis, Doof, Slinky Wizard, Process etc.) and more intelligent full-on, though this descriptions doesn't really do it justice. It's just ... their very individual sound.

Go and buy it everyone! It's the best album of 2005 (IMO)

. I've expected worse from a comp from Raja Ram (mixing skills I mean)...  :)

357862[/snapback]

yes but the point is: he didn't mix it by himself (then it wouldn't be that bad for the low skills he has). it has been mixed by somebody who's name is dj lucas and for a prof dj and an official release, mixing should be way better than it is. but maybe i'm hypercritic on this...

yes but the point is: he didn't mix it by himself (then it wouldn't be that bad for the low skills he has). it has been mixed by somebody who's name is dj lucas and for a prof dj and an official release, mixing should be way better than it is. but maybe i'm hypercritic on this...

357918[/snapback]

No I don't think you are hypercritic. I guess I just care less for the mixing than you do since I like most tracks on the comp anyway.

Ah, so much Voice Of Cod worshipping going on... too much...

Be prepared to hear negative comments after I listen to some of it.  :D

357942[/snapback]

Don't worry, EVERYBODY here is prepared for that!!! ;);)

haven't heard the voice of god yét...

the 1200 mics isn't that good... the original tracks are better... the new sounds they create in the tracks aren't that good...

like the tracks from the first release of 1200 mics what was extremely good do not sound good on the 1200 mics brazil release...

also the production sound bad imo...