Getting kind of tired of the same bassdrum..

NT

Okay, thats it... i think ive heard enough... can someone reccomend me any MODERN (i know, lots of oldschool goa uses different bassdrums, so nevermind those) albums/compilations or tracks featuring other types of bassdrums instead of the over-used ploppy, typical psytrance bassdrum? Something fatter perhaps?, any artists actually innovate with bassdrums and percussions? I know its the basis for a track, but damn it is getting rather boring now... For example a great album with alot of different bassdrums is Sandman - Witchcraft ! But also newer stuff like CPC - Über den angst, Ka-sol and Toï Doï

Post samples too, if you are so kind ;) And who is actually sharing my opinion?

Okay, thats it... i think ive heard enough... can someone reccomend me any MODERN (i know, lots of oldschool goa uses different bassdrums, so nevermind those) albums/compilations or tracks featuring other types of bassdrums instead of the over-used ploppy, typical psytrance bassdrum? Something fatter perhaps?, any artists actually innovate with bassdrums and percussions? I know its the basis for a track, but damn it is getting rather boring now... For example a great album with alot of different bassdrums is Sandman - Witchcraft ! But also newer stuff like CPC - Über den angst, Ka-sol and Toï Doï

Post samples too, if you are so kind ;) And who is actually sharing my opinion?

305529[/snapback]

Necton - Children of the noizy village, not new though (2002) but so different from what you can hear nowadays.

extract

Necton - Children of the noizy village, not new though (2002) but so different from what you can hear nowadays.

extract

305577[/snapback]

Thanks, and thanks for the sample... other type of bassdrum indeed (stomper!), some tribal stuff as well.. sounds interresting! might check out more! thank you!

@ Gnome: i don't hear much difference in Ocelot and Derango

(note: it's about the bassdrums / percussion... and that i'm kind of tired that allmost 90% of psy nowaday uses the same sort of kit.. :rolleyes: )

• 2 weeks later...

okay, who is willing to contribute!?