A Perfect Symmetry (new track)

125bpm...

I don't know what to say about the track really, just that I wrote it how I felt it based on the inspiration of meeting an amazing person in an amazing place a few weeks ago. I was aiming more so for making something as art rather than something for dance. The song has 6 themes in 2 symmetries as my reflection on my experiance (I realize the contradiction of words there but I think you know what I'm getting at)

I'm interested in how people will respond to this music, I myself don't have the privaledge of having a first impression on it given that I made the song, so I'm curious as to how it will be recieved.

You can listen here

Your track is very nice, although i think you should take a bit more care of the bass [in terms of sound quality etc, maybe try some compressign/EQing... you could try rewiring FL to Cubase to get an overall better sound]...

also in some parts try adding some trippy background fx :)

Thanks :) The bass definately doesn't sound analogue enough (and the dub bass was simply some EQed BooBass) so I recognize that - All I have is FL5 and a handful of decent VSTi's, I'm mostly just going to lay dormant and low profile until I'm satisfied with the direction of my music - that way an investment into Reason or Cubase or even some hardware won't be a waste if it happens. Like I said, I've started out relatively recently.

Aware of that :lol: Perhaps I was speaking more about a "time investment" than monetary one ;) ehehe

So - anymore feedback? The initial responses on acid planet and from people I've shown the track to were generally surprised and called it original (a unique track for the unique experience that inspired it I like to think).

Is there no one else who would like to listen? I wonder because I would like to produce more music like this. The whole tribal/downtempo goa feel and that. I've been wondering what would happen if you mix goa with dub rather than psy with dub...

The link once again for those too lazy to scroll up ;)

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=591612

Aware of that  :lol: Perhaps I was speaking more about a "time investment" than monetary one ;) ehehe

So - anymore feedback? The initial responses on acid planet and from people I've shown the track to were generally surprised and called it original (a unique track for the unique experience that inspired it I like to think).

Is there no one else who would like to listen? I wonder because I would like to produce more music like this. The whole tribal/downtempo goa feel and that. I've been wondering what would happen if you mix goa with dub rather than psy with dub...

The link once again for those too lazy to scroll up ;)

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=591612

300554[/snapback]

I've been also interested in creating a blend of psychedelic goa and ambient/dub/chill or something :D

had created a track which was more like... breakbeat production with africa-like percussions and goa bass/fx :D

Splendid work .. it just grabs me B) It`s really out of the ordinary. The effects are ok, the riffs and background sounds - superb. I think it can be called some sort of Arabian melodies, or not ? :) Very good work indeed, keep up ;) I`m also sure it must be heard also by the other fellas here :P:P

And in addition, can someone explain a few things about the style "dub" ?

or you could just register for free at Acidplanet and be able to review/download any song :) Alot of people first release on AP - including Amithaba (now called Lost) Buddha who posts here, and Infinite Dimensions, A message to Earth and a bunch of others I can think of.

@Deepthrone, there will be a part 2 to the song. The story between me and the "enchanting friend" is not yet over :) Tia se kazva Ilina i su zapoznahme kato biah v edni canyoni tuka v California - strahotno beshe!

or you could just register for free at Acidplanet and be able to review/download any song :) Alot of people first release on AP - including Amithaba (now called Lost) Buddha who posts here, and Infinite Dimensions, A message to Earth and a bunch of others I can think of.

302224[/snapback]

Nah. Most of the reviews are 'OMFG KILLARGH 10/10!!11' and I want people to give constructive criticism on my tracks. PLUS there are few tracks that are perfect. :P

So... you won't get a review from me then I guess. ;)

Hahaha, yeah the way the reviews work on AP is that you don't dock out points unless there is a reason (since you only judge the production, not your taste in if you like the song or not) - but true theres alot of kids out there that just want other people to review what they threw together with acid 4.0 in half an hour so they give 10/10 on everything. ;) I only release on there for now since I'm taking my time until I have enough tracks and talent to make it worthwhile to seek new listeners. (I wouldn't want people to listen to crappy music)

Oh, no offence, I'd rather not register at another website, have to remember another password just to hear one song that I might not even like! :)

I promise I will give you a good review if you put it up for download as an mp3 on rapidshare/yousendit/whatever.

I did say as an mp3... mac's can't read wma you know! Ah well, time to dl a convertor I guess! :P

I'll listen, review will come in about two hours, other people use this computer too. :)

Let me start by saying wow! :)

Amazing introduction! The synth lead timbre was just about right, as well as the effects. Though, the effects volume was slightly too loud in places, it was a little overpowering - I wanted to definitely hear some of that melody! :)

When the drums kicked in, nice percussion - though the drums were slightly too loud and overpowering the whole track I feel. I couldn't listen past 4:00 as my evening tastes are more downbeat, ambient - but what I listened really sounded great!

Now of course I'm not a huge production guy - I'm just more into the music side of things - but I think it was spot on here - just touch up on getting your levels right - as I said, the effects at the beginning in places was too loud! :)

Keep it up! Nice one! :D

@Deepthrone, there will be a part 2 to the song. The story between me and the "enchanting friend" is not yet over :) Tia se kazva Ilina i su zapoznahme kato biah v edni canyoni tuka v California - strahotno beshe!

302224[/snapback]

Great :D

Synogen, I think you could develop the ability to make real calm breaks in your songs. That`s only an advice :)

A kakvo stana sus tozi chovek koito si sreshtnal. Na kolko godini e tq? Govoihte li si? (ako ti se spodelq de :))

Hmm, this was the first track I've done that tries unique rythms like this with a dub style bassline, can you describe better how its not smooth? :) I plan a simmilar but more melodic and goa sound for part 2.