Agitato label statement

lost tribe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest .::E.P

We would like to enrich our label statement by making public Michele Adamson's contract with Agitato Records regarding release of her debut album and two of her recent statements which had appeared in her web pages during the last three days.

We decided to publish the contract in order to clarify any confusion regarding Michele's deal with us, since she went public with her first version (dated 6.07.05) with no prier contact or consultation with us concerning the raised issues. An action we didn't expected from an artist, specially the one who is involved in the music scene for a long period of time, as Michele. We consider her actions unethical & unprofessional.

Now, days away from the release of the album we are facing Michele's public statements, which clearly are disinformating & unrealistic.

Agitato Records golden rule is our financial crystal clarity with our artists & respect of the contracts, behind which stands our enormous respect to the artists themselves & to their work. We are always making sure to transfer to the artists their payments till the last penny and had never & will never take anything that doesn't belong to us.

We had welcomed Michele into our label on December 19th 2004 with great hopes of mutual collaboration between us. Michele told us, that it was her dream, finally to release her debut album, which she carried in her cd's case for almost three years and haven't found the opportunity or a label to do so. An opportunity which we decided to give her, by believing in her creation enough to release it.

During January we had listed down the track list for the album from the materials which was provided to us by Michele with the signing of the contract and in the beginning of February the track list was forwarded to Michele, in order to receive the master copy from her. The final album track list was confirmed by both parties, Michele & us, in mid March and we headed to the digital mastering, the art work & etc.

Meanwhile, during the digital mastering, we had discovered some sound problems with the master copy and since most of it contained tracks which were produced few years ago, the final mastering was achieved only by June.

And finally the release of the album was scheduled for July 5th, in order to create maximum promotion in all the international media.

In Michele's case, we had already transferred an advance for the album, as agreed (July 5th), with a deduction of our booking commission due to the contract between us for the Brazilian tour, a deduction about which Michele was informed by us on July 4th. Unfortunately, Michele claimed that we had promised not to charge any booking commission from her (and that she has our emails for reference). Since we are unfamiliar with those emails, we had asked Michele to forward those to us. Emails, which we are not surprised that we haven't received yet…….

By this time, Michele had posted her second statement (dated 9.07.05) which included her second version (more closely to the truth), a statement which disappeared from her webpage at the same day it was posted, for the reasons which are probably will stay reserved with Michele for ever, but we were lucky to capture it and to have the opportunity to share it........

With respect

Agitato Records crew

Guest .::E.P

:huh: interesting... if anybody hears something from the girl herself post it here please this way better than soap opera

294659[/snapback]

yes it's a good soap though :)

ah the contract didn't look that bad.. 900€ advance and then 1 € per sold cd after more than a 1000 were sold..

okay it's pretty sucky but she signed it anyways.. but didn't she say that she only received 570€ advance?

she only recieved 570 because agitato took the 330 she owed them for commision from a gig they got her in brazil or something out of her 900 advance, i think she said that in the message that briefly appeared then dissapeared from her site.

she only recieved 570 because agitato took the 330 she owed them for commision from a gig they got her in brazil or something out of her 900 advance, i think she said that in the message that briefly appeared then dissapeared from her site.

294787[/snapback]

but didn't she say that she got that gig herself after some others were cancelled? besides you can't take money away like that.. they should have paid her and then asked about the commission.. or something

somehow i suspect the guy who posted this thread is associated with agitato too..

new members always pop up when there's something like this going on..

well i guess since agitato's only form of profit from the trip to brazil would have been the second party, since they offered the first for no commision, so when it was cancalled that pretty much meant they got nothing, yet michelle still made the amoutn she was originally going to by going to other premoters to get more gigs. so i guess agitato figured if she got her money they should get theirs, whether or not they should have taken it from her advance is another issue all together i suppose.

looking at the contract, it makes no mention at all about when the album will be released, so michelle really can't be too upset about it, if the label decides it needs to take the time to maximise the profit of this album (which is in her best interest anyway since she's making quite a decent royalty), so be it. this talk of getting lawyers involved and everything seems a bit over the top.

yami yami.....

is it commen that label will take commision??? & if she said that they promise her not to charge any comision from her, why didnt she send them the email she had that can prove it ?????? as they ask from her...

the contract looks fair enough & its petty shame that artists sign contract with not even understand the its a busines paper & they must respect it !!

p.s isnt it english is her first language?? :unsure:

what a soup.... :P

Imho Michele should go directly to Sony Music and edit the album together with Britney Spears...

It's a bad contract, but it seems to me that Micheles's attitude is even worst, or maybe her english is even worst than mine (wich is not easy) :lol:

Next time, just do your laundry a little more private.

totllay aggree!!

i must say that michele should contact her lable first. its a shame that she didnt understand her own contract & even worst that she tells some different versions & lies(as agitato publish) looks like this girl need to control her temp. :o

i respect agitato for publish all out & clear to all that they didnt rip her off.

as for you traveller yes,i conected to agitato......i buy there cds!!!

i think its time that u take your words back. or ,for next time count to 10 before you publish something like that......

totllay aggree!!

i must say that michele should contact her lable first. its a shame that she didnt understand her own contract & even worst that she tells some different versions & lies(as agitato publish) looks like this girl need to control her temp.  :o

i respect agitato for publish all out & clear to all that they didnt rip her off.

as for you traveller yes,i conected to agitato......i buy there cds!!!

i think its time that u take your words back. or ,for next time count to 10 before you publish something like that......

296990[/snapback]

where's the lying part? and i already said in the other thread that it looks like they were both wrong..

13.07.05 The story so far... X;o)

my last email to agitato...

dear chen

i am sorry if this email seems a little harsh. it is not personal and if i use the word you i direct it to Agitato Records. i in no way want to ruin your day or stop you from smiling. ;0)

unfortunately many of my old emails have been lost in the update of operating system on my computer. i remember in your 2nd or third email to me about brazil you offered the Injoy party with no commission. if you have all the correspondences please pass to me the first few on this matter. perhaps i am mistaken and i love to know the truth.

when i went to mexico i asked if agitato could get me any gigs and was told no. i also asked if they would deal with the promoters and was informed by eliad that he didnt like to deal with mexicans so i would be doing it myself. i have already told you about the arcadia booking but there is no way i want it done through agitato when there is a record of you just taking money off when you feel like it.

i appreciate that organisers like to have a special price. don't we all! therefore i suggest you tell them my fee is 2000 dollars and they will be happy when you take it down so that i am paid my normal amount. i don't know about your other acts but in the scene i have been working in the last few years 2000 dollars is standard for a good live show and many of the older artists charge a lot more.

if by taking bookings from you i have to deal with taking a vastly reduced fee as well as all this communication problem and bad vibes every time then you can forget it.

you are telling me that you WILL transfer an extra 165 euros. that is money that you stole from me and it is for this whole transaction (taking money off the advance and the exact 25% calculation) that i would like the paper work for my lawyer. (in business i understand it is standard to ask for money from someone if you think they owe you, not just to take it.)

i have spoken to the lawyer today and will be meeting him at the end of the month when i return from japan to facilitate my immediate release from the contract. after this you will deal only with his office.

thanks for your time

michele xxx

ps

do you know when i will see or hear the album? have copies been sent to the uk address i gave? i thought there was a written agreement for the amount of copies i should receive that also mentioned t-shirts and a video clip. can you tell me anything about these?

thanks

xxx

their response...

----- Original Message -----

To: Agitato Records

Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 1:12 PM

Subject: Re: booking fee

Dear Michele,

Hope all is well,

Since you are refusing to understand the terms of your contract with us & your emails & versions are inconsistent. Therefore from now we would like to deal only with your lawyer (as we had already told you in our email) regarding any matter concerning you, your contract, all the financial issues & etc. We see that it's the only reasonable way to deal with you.

Please forward him all our contacts, so we finally resolve all this.

Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards & vibes

Chen Kogan PR

so there you have it. i don't know when i will hear the final cut. i see on saiko sounds that they included a tune i asked to be removed. so there are 14 tracks on the album. agitato are sending me 165 euros more as the brazilians confirmed my cancellation story. does anyone have any ideas for a new artist or DJ name for me? perhaps a nonsense word with a couple of syllables or just simply Whoa! (like Wham!), Foof (like Doof) or Mischa Pischa (what my nan used to call me). answers on the forum please :)

love

xxx

looks like this girl didnt lern her lesson in the first time. is she really think that we all stupied????? is she didnt remember what we read before from what she wrote???? lol

she wrote on 13.7.05:

...." i see on saiko sounds that they included a tune i asked to be removed. so there are 14 tracks on the album..."

she wrote on 6.6.05:

...."this is 14 tracks made with the most killer producers of our scene...."

DAAAAAAA......

i think new name will not help michele, i dont think any label will take her after this. who want this kind of crap!

looks like this girl didnt lern her lesson in the first time. is she really think that we all stupied????? is she didnt remember what we read before from what she wrote???? lol

she wrote on 13.7.05:

...." i see on saiko sounds that they included a tune i asked to be removed. so there are 14 tracks on the album..."

she wrote on 6.6.05:

...."this is 14 tracks made with the most killer producers of our scene...."

DAAAAAAA......

i think new name will not help michele, i dont think any label will take her after this. who want this kind of crap!

297048[/snapback]

maybe one of those 14 tracks is a track she didn't want to be included and 1 track she wanted wasn't?

DAAAAAAA..

I don't think any artists want to do business with agitato after this.. and I still think you're somehow associated with them..

what truly sucks thou is that both of them have obviously made mistakes and tthey couldn't solve this in private..

sorry traveller but im with kabala here, you dont need to be so smart to see that michele's behaviour is totally wrong. I can clearly see that every time she posts something, it's a different version...... so please.... wake up

from this last post, looks like michele is driving her label nuts :lol:

sorry traveller but im with kabala here, you dont need to be so smart to see that michele's behaviour is totally wrong. I can clearly see that every time she posts something, it's a different version...... so please.... wake up

from this last post, looks like michele is driving her label nuts :lol:

297091[/snapback]

So you think agitato's act is 100% right?

Traveller what are you trying to cover here?

The girl signed a contract she obviously didnt studied and now she finds out that the terms are not so nice for her.

What is the label's fault in there?

Please leave this matter alone cause its not nice trying to change the truth.

Traveller what are you trying to cover here?

The girl signed a contract she obviously didnt studied and now she finds out that the terms are not so nice for her.

What is the label's fault in there?

Please leave this matter alone cause its not nice trying to change the truth.

297117[/snapback]

I'm not trying to change the truth. None of us know what the truth is. Especially the party bookings after which they (as in agitato) made unilateral decision to give her a smaller advance. Or the verbal contact of releasing the album in March.. We don't know..

Everyone is entitled to draw their own conclusions since the information is out there.

Yes but you are trying really hard to protect Michelle (like you are her lawyer or something) not to mention the insults you originally said for Agitato.

Sorry man but if user Kabala is affiliated with Agitato then you obviously are affiliated with Michelle.