Why do rock and heavy metal sound suck?

Halosian

Erm, Jimmy Hendrix, Purple Haze ? and I suggest you go and listen to the "Space Ritual" right now.

Andy

i like Hendrix a lot.

still wouldnt even call it "trippy".

it's not the kind of music that will allow me to clear all thoughts off my mind and just listen and trip.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole magic & the hard chapter of being a good musician is one : PLAYING LIVE!....

which psy-trance artist is playing 100% live???

295321[/snapback]

LOL.. The old cliché resurrects (that's old thinking by the way)... I don't give a f..k if everything isn't 100% live as long as it sounds good. And what about choosing and creating your own sounds, does rock artists do that? Not in the extention of what trancecomposer does anyway. And then you also need to combine all the right sounds in a song, wonder if rockartists are the best to do this? Not a chance...

I'd say there are better psy-trance musicians then rock artists. Because good musicians is not how you do it live. But how you managed to create a certain song.

I'd say it takes more effort "pressing the play button" (LOL) then fiddling a guitar :)

(and a electric guitar used by Iron Maiden and the rest sure sounds shit compared to electronical sounds and that's what this thread is all about. Just wanted to analyse and compare it though, something we haven't succeded in doing here yet).

LOL.. The old cliché resurrects... I don't give a f..k if everything isn't 100% live as long as it sounds good. And what about choosing and creating your own sounds, does rock artists do that? Not in the extention of what trancecomposer does anyway. And then you also need to combine all the right sounds in a song, wonder if rockartists are the best to do this? Not a chance...

I'd say there are better psy-trance musicians then rock artists. Because good musicians is not how you do it live. But how you managed to create a certain song.

I'd say it takes more effort "pressing the play button" (LOL) then fiddling a guitar :)

(and a electric guitar used by Iron Maiden and the rest sure sounds shit compared to electronical sounds and that's what this thread is all about. Just wanted to analyse and compare it though, something we haven't succeded in doing here yet).

295584[/snapback]

ehh.. i think you overdid it :D

I would say that electronica is more about composing/producing

while metal is mostly about playing live.

an electric guitar sounds shit compared to electronica sounds.... hmm ..maybe sometimes... maybe you shouldnt compare..

it sure sounds shit compared to a classical guitar ;)

that really depends.. theres lot of people useing psychedelics and listening metal and rock

295539[/snapback]

Like me. I think there are some types of metal that can be trippy but even if they're not they still sound better at least to my ears on psychedelics. But then everything is more interesting on shrooms.