Mandalavandalz - Poisonmachine [6D Soundz

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Mandalavandalz – Poisonmachine (6D Soundz)

Tracklist :

1. Suckup

2. Drama

3. Pokkun

4. Uusiotuuba

5. Baby Lovez Poison

6. Swanpond

7. 4 Point

8. Skimaskan

9. Ultimeatmegaultradisko

10. Get Laid

11. Tattarmaschen Remix

12. Slice

13. Rocknroller

14. Poisonmachine

15. Irina

16. Swinged Cow

Mandalavandalz is credited as Tomo Tomatoeyez aka Texas Faggot member.

All Tracks from Tomo Tomatoeyez.

Some tracks T. Tomatoeyez with participation of:

Track 7 : La Calamar

T 9 : J. Liukas

T 11 & 16: H. Powerotti

T 15 : Irina

T 11: Original by Trio Tetris.

Suckup : A journey through the airplane’s turbine, reactor views, made of accelerations, decelerations, use them with parcimony unless it’ll be the superheat like at 3’16, & the engine risks to be seized up. Hopefully, you’re a good pilote enough to land sane & safely.

Drama : By order tahitian harmony (0’33), acid tones (from 0’38),electric guitar riffs (2’13) & to finish goa lead (from 3’05) constitute this apparently disparate description but coherent sounding tune.

Pokkun : I find the bassline soul-jazzy, but much more faster compared to normal soul-jazz tempo. Otherwise the tune is dominated by creep sounds.

Uusiotuuba : After a short electric guitar sweet melodic intro, the psycho-jazzy Daffy Duck band takes over it, in a scat singing part. Then these elements are fusioning for a total mad music result.

Baby Lovez Poison : You go down to your grandpa’s cellar, it has been a long time since the last time it got inspected & for sure it may needs a good cleaning. After some few steps inside, you discover a swarm of bats living there (0’26). As you switch on the old light, you disturb the bats tranquility (1’25). You’re searchin for interesting objects that could be forgotten here by your grandpa, and are moving heavy objects that provocates big noises (2’16). The only result you have is being attacked by a bat invasion (2’34).

Swanpond : Get prepared to enter in communication with ghosts & spirits. Your cards & crystal ball disposed on your pedestal table, you’re ready. This time you directly heard them with their specific trembling voices (1’30)

or their traditionnal anthem (2’10).

4 Point : You immediatly feel in a daily frogs environment : bubbles, water, croaking when jumping in order to move from water lilly onto another when it’s not the specific sound of their huge long tongues looming up to catch insects.

Skimaskan : A funky bassline married with some guitar riffs , embellished with very mettalic hithat sort of blacksmith hitting on incandescent wrought iron (from 2’05). After a little break at 3’00, the tune restarts funkadelic still accompanied by a quavering electric guitar this time (from 3’38).

Ultimeatmegaultradisko : One of the main track’s element are twisted voices incantations (from the start, another one at 0’52). Then a highly shrill mix of vibraphone & rubbed bottles (near a muted phone ringing) lead arrives at 1’30. I’m estonished by the housey-eurodance piano synth’s presence at 2’10, it confers a thrilling constrast with the start of the tune which comes back for the ending.

Get Laid : Soft percussions opens this one, a warm organ (at 0’53) followed by a guitar wah-whah melody at 1’33 are providing one of the most spacey, relaxed tune of the album with a strong beach summer feeling.

Tattarmaschen Remix : You’re plunged into an indian atmosphere intro upto 0’52 then it gets mixed with a metal guitar, i find some moments too much confused to result plenty catchy like after after the break around 3’40 & 5’10, that’s a pity.

Slice : It’s about a brokenbeat rythm with a dog’s choral as back vocal from 1’16, the whole harmony is loud & aggressive all along the the tune, not my cup of tea.

Rocknroller : Here we go again for a new funkadelik tune, there’s still a rest of the agressivity from previous track at 1’18 with a very fat metal riff. Hopefully the tune has an evoluting sound contrast mainly happy like the shimmering lead at 1’43 or the groovy-spinning around funky bass at 2’10.

Poisonmachine : This one really sounds like a heavy metal song even if it integrates more trancey parts with an organ (1’04 & 2’38), globally doesn’t belong to my musical taste.

Irina : It’s another summer feeling tune here, with a wave designed fx lead on which surfs the melody (from 0’32). A sweet chimes melody ponctuates from time to time the song (from 1’04 ), sometimes i also get the feel there’s some strings as accompaniement. After the break at 2’30, the lead becomes more strident, but the tune evolves also sweeter with softly muted violins at 4’15. This is for me, one of the most musically accomplished track of the album.

Swinged Cow : For a best looking finish, Mandalavandalz brings a new raving composition with a jerky lead (0’50) & voice sample (1’28) with also distorted tones like guitar wah-wah at 1’14. It’s without forgetting the omni-present bubble bip in guise of snare in the rythmic.

I’m not too much fan of the more rock-agressive tunes part, i dig more the raving & fresh summer feeling tracks which represent 4/5 of the album. All in all, i keep as point of view the work done in order to produce 16 tracks for a full album, with the experiment risk part taken through the songs ; that’s why i consider Poisonmachine strongly enjoyable.

Favorites :1,4,7,8,10,15,16

Links:

http://www.mandalavandalz.net

http://www.6d-soundz.org

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

16 tracks, 1 CD - they are short.

I'm seriously thinking about buying it because I loved what heard. But come on... 22$?  <_<

Will have to wait till it arrives at saiko.

328365[/snapback]

not to mention ordering from psy-harmonics takes AGES... well at least for me... prob cause it's the other way around the world...

:(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...