Cosmosis

Ale

27 members have voted

1. 1. Cosmosis

• i prefer new Cosmosis sound
    • i prefer old Cosmosis sound

Guest Rain

I prefer the older sound and there's a big difference imo between their sound in 1996 in cosmology and their latest release in 2005...

off course everything changes and luckely it does...

their sound now comparing to 1998 is not that different... the huge difference is more between 1998 - 1996 imo...

Guest antic

The problem with this question is you didn't define what is the old sound and what is the new one.

For me the biggest difference in Billy's style took place in 1998, when he released Synergy album. When Cosmology could be easilly viewed as classic goa-trance release, Synergy wa a prime example of totally tweaked, funky and full of acidic, swirling melodic lines psy-trance. From 1998 his style did not changed that much. He tried to experiment a little with more minimal, progressive arrangements in Intergalactic, then he did a concept album, kind of mellow and rather calm Contact and just few months ago he released Trancendance which - I think - is some kind of come back to the more danceable roots of psychedelic music. Yet those 4 last albums are very similar - you can't mistake the sound with anything else, but at the same time every album (and every track on every album) is different and unique. For me that is the sign of a great artist. Just like with Hallucinogen or well... Infected Mushroom, you can recognise it's their track, but none of them sounds the same. I think this comes from being a real musician and not some wanna-be bedroom DJ with cracked Cubase SX... :D

To sum it up: for me Synergy is still the best psy-trance album ever, so my vote goes for the new sound :)

Cosmosis - Cosmology = written by Bilbo & Laughing Buddha

Cosmosis - Synergy = less collaboration, Laughing Buddha goes solo, sound changes

Integalactic had some good material but anything since - nah, doesn't really strike a chord with me. I was really happy to find that someone had finally taken on Blue Monday, but the results are iffy (not bad but not a great sound for that cover - Wizzy should do it!)...

- 0.02$

I prefer old sound because it had two persons functioning on perfect levels, making amazing blend between tweaked british humour and uplifting dutch acid lines that were making perfect state of trance.

COSMOLOGY and various singles released in 97 are still my proper state of trance where after Jeremy left I miss those acid uplifting lines but I don't mind the change yet.

SYNERGY was great album with better production than Cosmology but weaker in melodic way. Moonshine and Higher Access are the only two songs on album that have old style melodic madness and the rest was very freestyle psychedelic trance.

INTERGALACTIC was pretty smooth experiment between funky, groovy beats mixed with psychedelic tones focusly arranged. I loved that album but it was still much more chill for such passionate artist he used to be.

CONTACT went into more chilly realms but I mind some immature samples and almost no melodic strucutres except in Inner Space. The guy obviously stopped using acid completely and stayed only on weed cause that's how this albums sound : conceptual, funny, immature and dubby, perfect album for rolling joints. :P

TRANCENDANCE I haven't heard yet except of one song Dead Or Alive which was much more energetic and Synergistic alike. I expect that album will be good comeback to the old new style which i missed somehow since those days...

Easy decision, I love old-school goa so no doubt about what I'm voting for....

For the new sound... well I'd say that whoever came up with such a crappy concept as "neo full-on" should be shot... but luckily his old style made a comeback on Trancendance... let's just hope he'll keep up the trend :)

I prefer old sound because it had two persons functioning on perfect levels, making amazing blend between tweaked british humour and uplifting dutch acid lines that were making perfect state of trance.

COSMOLOGY and various singles released in 97 are still my proper state of trance where after Jeremy left I miss those acid uplifting lines but I don't mind the change yet.

SYNERGY was great album with better production than Cosmology but weaker in melodic way. Moonshine and Higher Access are the only two songs on album that have old style melodic madness and the rest was very freestyle psychedelic trance.

INTERGALACTIC was pretty smooth experiment between funky, groovy beats mixed with psychedelic tones focusly arranged. I loved that album but it was still much more chill for such passionate artist he used to be.

CONTACT went into more chilly realms but I mind some immature samples and almost no melodic strucutres except in Inner Space. The guy obviously stopped using acid completely and stayed only on weed cause that's how this albums sound : conceptual, funny, immature and dubby, perfect album for rolling joints. :P

TRANCENDANCE I haven't heard yet except of one song Dead Or Alive which was much more energetic and Synergistic alike. I expect that album will be good comeback to the old new style which i missed somehow since those days...

260534[/snapback]

I could not say it better.

The results of this poll are conclusive.