So much me too crap released nowadays...

khogg

5 years from now we will only remember the good releases from this year.

as we now remember only the good releases from five years ago.

249052[/snapback]

I disagree. While I don't have everything ever released, I have a LOT of old stuff, even the bad ones - and the average release there has higher musical qualities than the average release of today, in my opinion.

I disagree. While I don't have everything ever released, I have a LOT of old stuff, even the bad ones - and the average release there has higher musical qualities than the average release of today, in my opinion.

249057[/snapback]

and you haven't ever sold the really bad ones from 5 years ago?

p.s.: i also have the feeling that the quality of the releases has dropped, it's just that it crossed my mind, that the feeling could be generated by this effect.

I absolutely agree with ukiro...I was doing the same thing, trying to get into the new stuff, bying some releases and then realised that there is no point, so I am also digging up as much as oldies as possible cause before REAL MUSIC was made, now are just derivates and cheap attempts of the old scales and melodies. What were artists doing before was new, fresh, innovative...these days you get bunch of copy/paste disposable music...you listen few times, then it is ready for trash or dust on the pile...;)

and you haven't ever sold the really bad ones from 5 years ago?

249066[/snapback]

No. I'm a completist collector and as such I want complete series from all labels within my field of collecting, regardless of the musical quality. So I don't sell anything even remotely trance-oriented unless I have multiple copies. My goal is to build a complete archive of the evolution of this genre during the nineties, and that would ofcourse also include the less enjoyable stuff, just as a history book mentions both positive and negative moments in history.

hmm... what sort of work could finance such a collection. Are you maybe a... concern- owner?

250105[/snapback]

I work in a web agency as a web developer. It pays ok, but certainly nothing exceptional - Stockholm is an expensive city to live in. But I spend EVERYTHING on records - no expensive clothes, cheap food (no restaurants), no cigarettes or alcohol, not much travelling, etc... So I buy maybe 20-40 records each month. With that pace you can build a very big collection quite fast.

there's always been crap but you just forgot the crap from back in the days... that's it... very simple...

People always say aaaaah it was better those days and all mention the same albums...

ok there is more crap now but there are more releases too...

considering it % it'll be the same and lots of not crap is released too...

there's always been crap but you just forgot the crap from back in the days... that's it... very simple...

People always say aaaaah it was better those days and all mention the same albums...

ok there is more crap now but there are more releases too...

considering it % it'll be the same and lots of not crap is released too...

250121[/snapback]

As I said I disagree with this, and unlike most of you, I have the collection to back this up. Everyone's entitled to an opinion ofcourse, and this is mine.

As I said I disagree with this, and unlike most of you, I have the collection to back this up. Everyone's entitled to an opinion ofcourse, and this is mine.

250134[/snapback]

off couse any opinion is welcome :) ,

I must say I also have the feeling to think less crap was released back in the days but that's just because I'm a goatrance fan....

you see... If I was more into fullon I would say non - crap was released lately...

I'm trying to put it in perspective..

that's my thought...

There is still good stuff and creativity around people.. just open your fucking ears and eyes I would say! ;)

For example, try the new Shift album if you like full on with a wicked (South Africa) Twist! :D he delivered a kick ass diverse album with loads of great melodies and psychedelics spacestuff going on

As a direct concern of this topic of finding the best among the new rest , A number of psy addicts and myself are trying to filter as much of the "new stuff' that happens to strike a chord with us, it don't matter if it's slightly progressive or the full on stuff, or morning... or really twisted...we try to avoid cheese as much as the next person, but is about pulling out quality from the pile... regardless of the genre... and while we grow bigger and create sub-genre divisions, the only constant is quality. :rolleyes:

go check it for yourself, you might find yourself agreeing with one cd and disagreeing with the next.. but everything featured in it's own right should be heard at least once.

so check it out http://sonic-energy.net/