New track, full on. Feedback please!

Sounds like old Talamasca, nice job keep working on the track. I would like to hear the finished version. I read a Talamasca interview the other day and I found this kind of inspiring "I promised myself to stay always more “musical” than “noisy”..." Maybe I felt some of that in your track. If you are interested I posted the link to the full interview below.

http://www.brainmachines.com/interviews.html

Peace

Here we go, I've updated the track a bit. (: I'll link to both the old version and the new one:

First version:

http://rexz.monoworld.ath.cx/music/xiphiaz...0bandanaboy.mp3

Updated version:

http://rexz.monoworld.ath.cx/music/xiphiaz...danaboy%202.mp3

Please feel free to comment and such (:

Thanks!

Heya, just got back. Now commenting on your updated version.

Nice intro, very trippy synth you got there, I just love it. The cymbal (?) Sound at 0:50 is a good idea but I think it sounds too upfront. Maybe make it a bit shorter in itself.

Anyway, nice melody line at 1:42, very trippy, but I think the synth sounds somehow very hollow, I think that was your intention but you could make it a bit warmer.

And yeah, it sounds indeed pretty much like Talamasca. The production was very nice. Sounded almost professional, I think youre on a very good way :) ... so when are YOU gonna sign a label? :)

Wow thanks :D I'm on the stuff you mentioned right now cybernetika. And thanks for saying it sounds like Talamasca :D He's one of my favourite artists!

Like your FX sounds they are well done. The bass line nice but the bass sound could be a little tighter. maybe some compression. The Kick sound is good but its alittle to quiet in the mix in relation to the bass. You could bring this up or push everything else down in volume or just meet in the middle some where. It dosn't sound like the kick and bass are shareing any of the same eq space so you should have plenty of room to adjust the kick volume without to much worrie. That the only thing constructive I have to say. The rest of the tune is wicked. Well done. :D

Nicely done... :)

Nice bassline...

Try working more on the track's quality.

Keep it up.

249735[/snapback]

Thanks =) But I didn't quite understand what you meant with "the track's quality". You mean overall, the sounds, the melodies or what?

Your bassline is like a juicy piece of prime beef! And it seems you have a truly original 16 bassline melody there. Which is a rarity these days! The bass sound is fat and well defined.

Pray tell how you achieved this wonder of the bottom end?!

Your bassline is like a juicy piece of prime beef! And it seems you have a truly original 16 bassline melody there. Which is a rarity these days! The bass sound is fat and well defined.

Pray tell how you achieved this wonder of the bottom end?!

250086[/snapback]

Hehe, thanks (: Well I've managed to get the settings just perfect... and lots of compression, I'll tell you that (;

:D very good job ...good style...

250212[/snapback]

Thanks mate! :rolleyes:

Nice! Tight production and pretty good song, not ground breaking though :)

melodies at 1:44, 3:20 are really sweet, nice old-school touch..

but IMO I'd like these melodies to evolve rather than the boring stuff re-entering at 3:52..

Not sure what type of sound you're trying to reach for though, typical full-on/old-school-inspired/etc ?

lycka till :)

Nice! Tight production and pretty good song, not ground breaking though :)

melodies at 1:44, 3:20 are really sweet, nice old-school touch..

but IMO I'd like these melodies to evolve rather than the boring stuff re-entering at 3:52..

Not sure what type of sound you're trying to reach for though, typical full-on/old-school-inspired/etc ?

lycka till :)

250648[/snapback]

Thanks for the feedback (: It's funny, the more not-oldschool I try to make it, the more oldschool it gets (; I guess I'm stuck! As for the evolution of the melodies later on in the song: I'm on it. This was a closed project until recently (: I'm not really striving for any typical sound, it turns out the way it does more or less.

Och tackar så mycket (:

Hehe, thanks (: Well I've managed to get the settings just perfect... and  lots of compression, I'll tell you that (;

Thanks mate!  :rolleyes:

250543[/snapback]

Settings in what exactly? What synth are you using for your bass? If you don't mind me asking ;) ?

Settings in what exactly? What synth are you using for your bass? If you don't mind me asking ;) ?

250777[/snapback]

Hehe not at all, I'm using reason and thus I'm using the subtractor with a tb-synth preset, tweaked and knobed of course =)

Very nice sound you got outa reason there, I'm well impressed. And might I too say - very Talamasca-ish. Nice work m8 ;)

nice bassline and the melody is nice, but i think you should variate it more because it gets repetitive.. also add some fx as someone else also said .

Reason 3 ?

btw... Compression before EQing or EQing before Compressin?[in the final mix]