Psychedelic beats that aren't trance?

zee_werp

Thanks guys - I'm looking forward to hearing some more chilled out stuff as well as the full on :)

And to the dude who asked what is a psychedelic beat, well yes I realise it is a vauge description, but basically I meant a piece of music that has a psychedelic feel to it (nice clear sounds, strong tones, crazy arrangements / noises, something that generally 'enters your mind') but something that still has a beat to it as opposed to say classical music which doesn't have a beat most of the time if you know what I mean.

227657[/snapback]

hmmm....perhaps not everyones favorite (but definitely mine). I would look in to some Pink Floyd. Ive been listening to Dark Side of the Moon. perhaps the most "commercial" album of theirs, but the production of it is still top notch. its an excellent chillout-psychedelic cd. i think if you appreciate true psychedelia, you would love this album. my 2 pence worth. B)

Cinos, Kumba Mela Experiment IS Youth ! Thanks for teaching me about the music...

227203[/snapback]

Here`s the buddhist at work :Z

Edit: On topiC this time. You might want to stay away from all of this "psychedelic" dub etc. It is pure trash. European pot smokers raping dub. Take at look at King Tubby, Jackie Mittoo, Yabby you, Roots Control (Very good contemporary dub) and of course Lee "Scratch" Perry.

otherwise quite off the wall material.

Amon Tobin (and all ov ninja tune´s back catalogue)

Aesop Rock, MF Doom (hiphop, but don`t let that put you away)

Brothom States (Also dive into Warp`s back catalogue)