Chromosome - The genome project (2004)

Manuser

Chromosome - The genome project (Yellow sunshine explosion, 2004)

1ghxk8.jpg

1. The beginning

2. Missing link (Atmo remix)

3. Cro magnon

4. Human loop

5. Mutant androids

6. Computerized

7. Al hybrids

8. Future evolutions

9. Entering nirvana

Swedish act.

Listen to it and you will rapidly notice it sounds like Logic bomb's morning trance. Useless to give a review track by track, but the album starts with a slow morning track, and the rest is what I would call Soft Morning Full on : Full on because of the basslines, but soft and morning. Indeed, don't look for powerful kicklines and twisted, noisy sounds here!

You see how does Logic bomb sound? Track 4 Human loop is really similar to Shadow of the beast, a cheesy melody, and sweet light sounds which delight your ears. My favourite track is n°2 Missing link Atmo remix (not Atmos : )) : Sounds a bit full on but lighter, and I love these delicious basslines...these delicous sounds. Quite soft track, and that "thing" I love (at about 5.00 till the end of the track) which sounds like a voice. Don't ask me why I dig it. Of course, there is nothing impressive, but it does it for me. The whole album got a lot of "semi"-melodies. Track 5 Mutant androids is my second favourite. Typically Logc bomb's sound : ) The album ends with a psy ambient track, not my cup of tea.

If you like V/A - Trance Scandinavian Express (Turbo Trance) you might enjoy this album. You want soft full onish sound which contains some cool and soft melodies, why not giving it a try...

My rating : 6/10

• 3 years later...

WHAT?????

No one likes this? Track 1,2,3 and 6 is great IMO! Maybe i take to many drugs, i don't know, but this sounds REALLY good in my ears...

Missing link is my favorite

Edit: reading the review, calling this fullon? It's more progressive trance IMO, maybe with fullon elements.. But fullon? :blink:

• 1 year later...

The "cheesy melody" in Human Loop sounds to be substantially based on the Hendrix song Third Stone From The Sun.

The best songs here are Missing Link, AI Hybrids, and Computerized.

DMT Cowboys is a much, much better album than this one.

• 3 years later...
The Genome Project remains my favourite psytrance album. Seems like it doesn't age, I never get tired of listening to it - the sign of good music.

Chromosome has a unique sound identity. The track Cro Magnoon on this album is the perfect example. Producers who have their own sound are what I like best, and Chromosome is one of those.

Apart from Cro Magnoon that I really like, my other favourite track is All Hybrids. I've put both in a DJ set I played this summer at The Borderland.

What I really like with Chromosome, and in this album, is how this psytrance has a lot of melody, while remaining psychedelic. Totally my style :) So to my ears it's a fantastic album overall.