2003+ Goa

amphiton

roight

call me a nitwit

but why is 'goa' supposed to be fluffy morning and happy? cuz every album posted so far in this thread is this kind of music.........

i don't see what that music has in common with groups like lunar asylum, BOTFB,phreaky,cydonia, deviant electronics, synchro, quirk, xenomorph, hux flux, you name it............and as far as i know that's called 'goa' as well........

the way i see it, the groups mentioned in this thread surely are somehow related to 'goa' music, but the 'dark-side' of goa trance is always forgotten on this forum !

IMHO nowadays artists like bigwigs, moodsyne, procs, scatterbrain, steptime, penta, para halu, kluster,ka-SOL, sienis, tamlin, weird alchemy,flying scorpions,fractal glider (not what he makes now, I'm referring to his 'parasite' album), huopotassu mononen and so ... are just as well related to 'goa-trance' as the fluffy happyhappy morningreleases people are always talking of

or maybe the whole definition of 'goa-trance' is just a personal thing........

roight

call me a nitwit

but why is 'goa' supposed to be fluffy morning and happy? cuz every album posted so far in this thread is this kind of music.........

i don't see what that music has in common with groups like lunar asylum, BOTFB,phreaky,cydonia, deviant electronics, synchro, quirk, xenomorph, hux flux, you name it............and as far as i know that's called 'goa' as well........

the way i see it, the groups mentioned in this thread surely are somehow related to 'goa' music, but the 'dark-side' of goa trance is always forgotten on this forum !

IMHO nowadays artists like bigwigs, moodsyne, procs, scatterbrain, steptime, penta, para halu, kluster, early artifakt and shift (not what they make these days),fungus funk,ka-SOL, sienis, tamlin, weird alchemy,flying scorpions,fractal glider (not what he makes now, I'm referring to his 'parasite' album), huopotassu mononen, maybe even scandinavian music in general are just as well related to 'goa-trance' as the fluffy happyhappy morningreleases people are always talking of

or maybe the whole definition of 'goa-trance' is just a personal thing........

212188[/snapback]

no comments.

I agree with Anoebis, I've heard them few months ago and it was exactly how he described, full on/techno...Maybe someone can get into it, newcommer or whoever, but old trancer, NAAAH...

212177[/snapback]

true , i forgot all those old skool artists , those are DEAD not Goa.

and btw Etnica´s new album , bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

are you acknowledging my point or denying it? :blink:

212198[/snapback]

im denying it , cause the market labels it as Goa but its not , the intention is to sell and get as much money they can get... no matter what its needed for it , full on is labeled as psytrance and its not...

and goa isnt all made of morning of happyness and fluffyness... a true Goer

would know that.

jea dude I'm not a true goa'er

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

wait until u find out who i am ;)

maybe the fact that u say the market is labelling music in a false way, proves that the definition of what 'goa-trance' is, is something personal...

don't get me wrong, i actually think u're right on this one, but i think we both have different opinions on what goa-trance is...

and the fact that goa isn't made all made of fluffy happiness, is the point i was trying to make in my first post, maybe this will clear some things out

IMHO nowadays artists like bigwigs, moodsyne, procs, scatterbrain, steptime, penta, para halu, kluster,ka-SOL, sienis, tamlin, weird alchemy,flying scorpions,fractal glider (not what he makes now, I'm referring to his 'parasite' album), huopotassu mononen and so ... are just as well related to 'goa-trance' as the fluffy happyhappy morningreleases people are always talking of

212188[/snapback]

true... but that was just part of the discussing ... which new releases are still goa inspired/influenced... not mentioning the more dark side doesn't mean we don't connect them...

still I see no connection/influences between goatrance & astrix

And I also see no connection/influences between quirk or penta...

to give one example...

some morning fullon has got goatrance influences & some new darker psytrance have also still goa influences... but some really don't :wacko:... creating generallity to a catergory is no good just examples of releases count...

if you know what I mean ;)

............and just because you don't see the connection/influences doesn't mean there are no, the only one who really knows is the artist himself. My opinion is based on what kind of feeling i get when dancing to the music.

i'd just like to mention this...........what kind of music is goa gil playing in his sets nowadays? penta and para halu ;) now I'm not saying he still plays goa-trance, and I'm also not saying that the newer groups i mentioned are making goa trance. I'm saying that maybe this proves that the groups i mentioned are just as well related to goa trance as the other releases mentioned in this thread

............and just because you don't see the connection/influences doesn't mean there are no, the only one who really knows is the artist himself. My opinion is based on what kind of feeling i get when dancing to the music.

212217[/snapback]

but now your playing subjective a lot...It's all about taste = ok end discussing...

I never said there were no connection at all... sometimes there are en sometimes not...

but I was referring to that little area of the more objective interpreation of music...

still respect you opinion a lot and succes with you studying ;) ... same over here... ZUCHT :rolleyes:

jea dude I'm not a true goa'er

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

wait until u find out who i am  ;)

maybe the fact that u say the market is labelling music in a false way, proves that the definition of what 'goa-trance' is, is something personal...

don't get me wrong, i actually think u're right on this one, but i think we both have different opinions on what goa-trance is...

and the fact that goa isn't made all made of fluffy happiness, is the point i was trying to make in my first post, maybe this will clear some things out

212207[/snapback]

i already know who you are :P:P:P:P:P:P:)

there´s no problem i wasnt arguing , im just a little extreme on the fullon point.. :P;)

so, delars, who you are? =)

IMO, all the full on is commercial shit made for money-making...

but what it actually does to the trance scene is called DAMAGE. But nobody gets it... they think it's cool.

I'm 19... I've been listening to trance for 2 years now, I'm not the "old trancer" I begun listening it with Astrix and IM =) now I'm amazed with Filteria and Pleadians... I hope many of the new wave of trancer are like me

Market... don't you think some day goa will be dead because of the market?

roight

call me a nitwit

but why is 'goa' supposed to be fluffy morning and happy?

Who said it's supposed to?

cuz every album posted so far in this thread is this kind of music.........

That doesn't mean that people think goa should be this or that, it means that modern music that most people view as goa is like that.

Sure, but what modern psy is like old BOTFB or Deviant Electronics? None. That's why there are none in the lists...

Who said it's supposed to?

That doesn't mean that people think goa should be this or that, it means that modern music that most people view as goa is like that.

212319[/snapback]

Indeed. It would be nice to have some darker, nighttime goa.. I wonder why almost none of the above mentioned releases are suitable for nighttime play. Also, I don't think of Talpa as 'goa' - just not the same musical structure. Just like The Gathering isn't 'goa' for me. But I guess that a matter of opinion.