Who are your favorite Chillout/Ambient Artists?

asura

What is your favorite chillout ever?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite chillout ever?

• Shpongle
    • Carbon Based Lifeform
    • Entheogenic
    • Boards of Canada
    • Aes Dana
    • Solar fields
    • Jaia (Ambient Project)
    • Future Sound of London
    • Steve Roach
    • Banco de Gaia
    • Asura
    • Medicine Drum
    • Huva Network
    • Saafi Brothers
    • Deep Dive Corporation
    • Ishq
    • Taruna
    • Toires
    • Shulman
    • Ooze
    • Makyo
    • Boom Devil
    • The Infinity Project
    • Tangerine Dream
    • Klaus Schulze
    • Patchwork
    • Shakatura
    • Mere Mortals
    • Spiritjack
    • Waterjuice
    • Digital Mystery Tour
    • Stress Assassin
    • Time Warp
    • Astralasia
    • Barramundi
    • Violet Vision

I don't understand why sphongle topics always end in non solved discussions... the topic was who is your favourit not your worse so anyone can say sphongle is the best cause that's why the topic is started... I'm not judging you for discussion cause that's a good thing... Dynamic is good :D , but I notice that when sphongle is on the topic it always is very pro against contra... strange :mellow:

all I got to say :unsure: , not a real contribution hé :rolleyes:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think for example Ooze is super great but I don't bother to bash them because their fans seem to be a bit more sensible.

225795[/snapback]

Might the reason you don't see meny people raving about Ooze be simple as: Doh' there aren't nearly as meny Ooze fans as there are Shpongle fans? Saying Ooze fans are more sensible than Shpongle fans sounds to me as accurate as saying Ooze fans eat more porkpie than Shpongle fans. I.e are you pulling off some non-existent statistics out of your hat. If you'r gonna bash something try to at least come up some more reasonable arguments. ;)

If it wasn't for all the claims about him being the mozart of our time etc etc I would not bother to comment. I just think that many of the shpongle fans seems to have a very limited view of music and think that there is something wrong with people who think the music is very average.

I would guess those people are minority... the ones who just discoverd electronic music.

@shpongled: Sorry, you just didn't get what I was saying and I don't feel to explain myself again.

I told you my opinion, you have yours. No problem.

225797[/snapback]

Or you run out off reasonable arguments. ;)

Guest eleria

"Don't argue with an idiot. He brings you down to his level and beats you with experience"

Edit: Sorry, that was supposed to go in the "smartest thing you ever heard" thread.

"Don't argue with an idiot. He brings you down to his level and beats you with experience"

Edit: Sorry, that was supposed to go in the "smartest thing you ever heard" thread.

225824[/snapback]

When one starts to call people names that's indeen a sign you have run out of any reasonable arguments. I have explained myself pretty well... your argument is that I'm an idiot... not very convincing or mature... is that also some age thing? ;)

There is also a saying: "You get what you order"

I.e. you should be able to take the heat as adult if you start bashing and questioning peoples personal taste.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

there are several names in the poll i agree with:

Shpongle

Enthéogenic

Taruna

Carbon Based Lifeforms

Asura

The Infinity Project

Makyo/Dakini stuffs

i add Gabriel Le Mar (for the dubby/world power)

I also got a special feeling for Kick Bong even if he's less known(some tracks were published on Spirit Zone), i just found his debut album in a music store of my town (that's always better when you can fully check the tracks & not only 4mn samples).

There's also missing another french band in the ethno-chill category : Secret Vibes from which i could add Jess M focusing essentially on didgeridoo.