1200 Mics - The time Machine

Psynoia

....why?

204835[/snapback]

I liked their first album, damnit! It was quality. The second wasn't as good, but I hope they've gone back to their first style.

Hey, this isn't bad at all.

I recently streamed the samples for this album. Its actually really melodic and dance-friendly sounding! Lots of interesting little characteristic moments, like how the music suddenly stops, changes, the sounds shift into a different rhythm, etc... in other words, its not repetitive sounding.

The new album, based on the samples, sounds fairly upbeat and uplifting, while maintaining to be psychedelic. I like the samples and I don't know much about 1200 Mics, but I sampled some of their previous work before this release and I found it boring and repetitive sounding, of course thats only from the samples... but the samples here are pretty catchy overall I thought. Nothing great, nothing bad, they sound pretty good and I like some of the lift-off melodies and creative moments where the music just stops and then hits into a continuation of beats and melodies.I know this has been done before, but the style sounds fun. :)

The link to the samples are below.

www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd038.html

I've heard Glories Of Greece and it is dreadful with that sirtaki Zorba The Greek melody ! It just sounds so childish in here even though I love original. I don't know about the rest of the album and I know it won't be that bad cause I liked their first one and second one wasn't bad so, in any case GMS crew are hyperproductive and that thing is not always good.