blue vortex

ritual om

after listening to many releases i have recently bought,i was totally dissapointed from this really formulaic unoriginal music produced nowaadys.yesterday i listened to blue vortex-mirage and i was amazed.their strong point is that they are true melody makers.if they manage to improve some of their elements they are going to become true bombers.they have indeed that goa arrangement in most of their melodies and that's the important thing at least for me.keep the spirit up and make a second album with the same basis(especially in the melody stakes) and goa is for sure alive.there goes also ypsilon 5,ethereal and talpa.

p.s any other reccommendations of the past 3 years going this way?

I also like Blue Vortex a lot, they make very emotinal and beautiful music. I don't know similar artists but they have a second Project going called Rumble Pack. They have tho new tracks on the Soulseeker Vol. 1 sampler from Midjium records. Maybe you wanna check this out.

There is another Swiss project that makes nice melodic psy, http://www.subconsciousmind.ch/

It is one guy and he has an album out that you can order over his internet site. I guess there should be some samples. Maybe give it a try.

p.s any other reccommendations of the past 3 years going this way?

Well, I would say Filteria (ok, I'm based, but still :P), the new Torakka album, the Pure Planet compilation and maybe also Essential Trip and Synsun album

About Blue Vortex, one of my favourite albums of 2004 too, very morning, soft and dreamy trance :)

I just got myself this album, and I must say that it is amazingly good. It gives me good vibes and it sounds fresh, but also "oldschool". I will give this album a 8/10.

I havent heard so much like this album this year, but lets hope that we get to hear more of this kind of music in the next :)

Looking forward to hear more from Blue Vortex :)

Oh, and I hear that they love the Virus C just as much as I do hehe....

Edited by djnemo

i must make one correction.talpa isn't that good eventually.i must admit he has "worked" his tracks a lot but something is missing,probably the essence in his melodies and the voice samples get very annoying sometimes.

something that i really hate the last years is those @@@@ing same sounding basslines.they sound too metalic,they have 1 or 2 notes and has no depth.it reaaly gets on my nerves this sound.please u producers out there,try to change your bass sound.just listen to ethereal or ypsilon 5.THIS IS BASS.