Crazy setlist

Guest E-klektik

This is kinda wacky...

I just bought some new music and was mixing a little while ago.I always keep track of what I play - it helps me remember which songs do and don't go well together. So I was looking over what I played and found that the song titles seem to make a little psychedelic story...or am I just whacked? Has this ever happened to anyone else??

Tasty Mushroom - Infected Mushroom

No-One Ever Dreams - Astral Projection

Labyrinth of Colours - Organic Noise

Teleport (stripped remix) - Man With No Name

Stargazer's Secrets - Dreamweaver

Experimenting With Potions - Hux Flux

Power Supply - Organic Noise

Open the Sky (darshan remix) - Transparent

Sundance - Passenger

Radio - X-Dream

Ohm Shiva - Tim Schuldt

Feel the Universe - Juno Reactor

People Can Fly - Astral Projection

[my fav song to end with]

please don't be too critical of the songs i picked - i'm still learning this music. thanks.

Miss E-klektik

i don't know all tracks (shame on me!!) but it looks like a cool mix from what i know... :-)

looks like it has an epic feel - lots of big sounds. I think it would create a journey, but some tracks (Hux flux for example) seem a little unusually placed. I'd have to hear it played to get a verdict!

bomble

basilisk .... the people looking at the list almost certainly were listening to music and quite possibly some of the tracks above...

bomble

Guest E-klektik

thanks for the bit of feedback.

as for creating 'a journey' (as bomble said), isn't that part of a dj's job? i kind of see it that way - especially with psytrance! imo, a good dj will give their audience more than just good songs and good transitions. they DO give an experience to listen or dance to. a sort of aural journey, yes.

basilisk - i'm not sure where you're coming from in your comment. yes, most people would prefer to actually listen to the music over looking at a list of songs. like i originally stated, i always keep lists when i practice because it helps me to know what works and what doesn't (i keep notes with the list). it's especially helpful when i have new music too.

the reason i posted at all was probably kind of dumb...when i read the song titles in order of play, they sort of created a twisted story to me. starting with a tasty mushroom on to a labyrinth of colors and teleporting into the sky and a sundance and people can fly... just a silly thing to notice, i guess.

but again, thanks for the feedback! as i have yet to attend a psy party and being new to the music it's hard to know what people like and what's over-done. so i'm trying to create my own style and feel. eventually i would love* to dj at a big party - that would be so much fun!

anyway...

Miss E-klektik