Which artists do you like that nobody else talks about?

There are a couple artists out there that I really enjoy, but I never see anything about anywhere.

As I'd mentioned in a post a while back, this guy who called himself "Random" made some really kick-ass psytrance (never got picked up by a label though :( ) His album was called "Psychoactive, " is floating around for free out there somewhere (he didn't get picked up so he just freely circulates his stuff) and is still one of my favorites.

Then there's the album "Trance Elegant" by Perplex. I don't think Perplex released anything else, but I'm not sure because I never see him/them mentioned anywhere, and can't find info on them/him/(her?)

In an earlier post I had also mentioned "Loop Guru, " which isn't really trance but it is quite psychedelic. They've released a bunch of albums so they have to have quite an audiance out there somewhere....... I haven't head anybody talk about them though (maybe that's kuz i'm hanging out in the trance forums ;-) )

Let's seeee...... I think that's pretty much it for artists I really really like but nobody else seems to :)

What's in your closet?

What are you listening to that nobody ever talks about, and nobody even seems to care about?!

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

Guest rx7style

Ziax, Whonic, Futurax, Steam, Mach, Amenia, Criozonic, Solar Plexus.

When I think of how traditional GOA sounds, those are who spring to mind. I've never heard anything about them, other than Solar Plexus. And everyone who reviewed the album "Images Of The 5th Dimension" said it was @!#$ -- I thought it was great. I bought it the second I heard it back in 1998. There are 2 tracks on there I actually think are annoying, but the rest is awesome.

I guess the reason I like so much music is because I can find the beauty in most anything, unlike others around here.

I'll check out those artists. You may not be suprised to hear I've never heard of any of those :)

LoL I like that last comment. I've always tried notice and absorb the negatives, but also to look at and focus on the positives of everything. It's like I tell my friends "there's good scenes in EVERY MOVIE, no matter how crappy the movie is." It's all about connecting with the "vibe" of the creator of whichever art you're experiencing.

Anybody else got some trance/something else they're listening to but nobody else ever mentions?

I'm sure almost everybody here has a few artists near the top of their lists that they never hear about from anybody else.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

Keep 'em commin, people! :)

I already said this 100s of times... goa tracks on acid techno compilations!! already mentioned these, but I think they're so good, I'll mention them again!

Lightforce - That's trance

DDR & The Geezer - Sabertooth

Microwave Prince - Cycle Evolution

Mike Dred - Macrocosm

Acrid Abeyance - Minimalistic (Commander Tom Remix)

Nuclear Hyde - Running Man

Purple Plejade - Realms

Solar Quest - Acid Air Raid

The Apex - Kunda

Zenith - Flowers of Intelligence

Spect-r - This Is Acid

Carbine - It's Funky But It Ain't House

D.A.V.E The Drummer. Acid Junkies. Fear Factory. DJ Dano. 3 The Hard Way. The Dream Team. The Liberator DJz. Grooverider. Tayo. Stanton Warriors. Koma & Bones.

Halodium. Once of my first Psytrance albums and haven't heard anything like it since. Wonderfull stuff and its got good reviews but i never hear it at parties or people talking about it here for instance.

..what about procs? ...does anyone know???

...maybe it is comparable with Process or Hux Flux.....(great stuff!!!)

..or check out Squaremeat.... - also really weird.... ;)

..Mogwai?

..listened to Haldolium's - H2 ?....(2Cd's!!)

..the second cd consists several nice chillout - tracks......

..like the (dark&melancholic) 'le ciel est triste'.........

..my favourites are - 'Plasma'....'Kraftfeld'.....'Pandora Prinzip'.......

...grEEtz...(now i've mentioned Haldolium ;)

Guest Mike Indidginus

I guess that depends on the forum and what country you live in.... ;) DAVE the Drummer, the Liberators and Grooverider are pretty well known (and talked about) here in the UK...

i like noosphere a lot! i would agree, their album is quite nice... and their new single - AMAZING.

KA sol !!!

btw "spect-r" is aka kopfuss resonator i believe...

but for my originals... people i yak about a lot but dont hear too much response about... #1 would be PSYCHOID who make fantastic music...

I still can't get into either Noosphere or Solar Plexus, though I liked the latter quite a bit at one point, before I had heard much else. I'll give Noosphere another try.

Haldolium is pretty damn cool. They've got the sexiest and most original bass drum around. Protek's definitely my favorite from them.

I'm surprised Deviant Species isn't talked about more. Quest for Balojax is pretty original. :) EA

Guest spirit_dancer

Fractal Glider

Pots

Praecox

Goa Archive

and im sure lots of ppls listen to haldolium...and even some of the artists iv mentioned...but just that i haven't come across any yet.

YYYYYYYESS!!!

I've got LOADS of new music to try and find.

Would you consider somebody a bit too obsessed with music if they carry around a list of albums they're still looking for and stop at every new shop they see?

hey at least i'm holding up a full-time job AND going to school in between listening to cool CDs

POKE, thanks, man! I'll definitely see if i can track that one down!

Keep 'em comming, people! Let's see what else you've got in the closet!

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-