Jump to content

mars

Admin
  • Posts

    2900
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    35

Everything posted by mars

  1. This should be annouced elsewhere but it's also a part of the (future) story of psynews: we're organizing a party for Suntrip's 5th bday, AND Psynews 10th bday !! This will be on December 12th 2009 in Belgium !! More to be announced soonon http://www.suntriprecords.com
  2. Yeah, IPB3 boards still have bugs. The fact that some config values remained empty after the upgrade also cause side effects. All will get solved over time, I'll investigate reported issues and install every new patch. About your other problems, yeah I saw, but I don't think this is related to psynews. I'd rather say some mages are built in such a way that they trigger some existing bug in IE or its plugins. UPDATE: PM full override is only configured here for admins and mods. The fact your PMbox can be more than full is, therefore, a bug. UPDATE: Similarly, my PM box is full, and even though I'm in the overrides list, it keeps saying it's full....definitely a bug (the same, inversed logic I suppose). UPDATE: Chat should be working now. It works for me right now. Oh and it requires the Java VM, you lucky Rotwang Can anyone please send me a PM, and if it doesn't work, can you please make me a screenshot of the error?
  3. Ethics?

    I don't see what ethics have to do with commenting in each other's profiles.

    I am ethical, this not knowing me, and an offense saying I am not. And by the way there's nothing preventing me from answering in my own profile, as I'm doing now. So, am I unethical, or just not giving myself the same limits as you do?

  4. ...which explains why I don't receive PMs anymore. Oh gosh another thing to investigate......... Yes and I don't undertsand why it doesn't aleady work. Refer to the remark above........
  5. Mars & Ethic???

    laughable

  6. I think you have to ask me. I'm doing it now! you'll still have "serguei" as login (unless you ask me to change it too)
  7. By the way, check this: http://lifehacker.com/5350990/boost-your-brains-health-with-loud-music
  8. There's a BIGGG improvement with this new Shawarma album (besides the title), but that won't be enough to make me buy it. There are a few tracks that are quite close to the BPEmpire spirit, and that's good news The tracks End of the Road, Franks, and Slowly are really psytrance stuff. Herbert the Pervert, Project 100, Legend of the Black Shawarma are psytrance with some guitar and/or vocals. Poquito Mas, Saeed, Smashing the Opponent, Can't stop are more psyrock stuff with vocals. The only one I really disliked is Killing Time, but it's not even a bad track per se, it's just strange to know it comes from THE Infected Mushs studio Overall it's well done, lots of ideas, less shitty vocals, superb production, yet I expected more psychedelia. I'l relisten to it soon and see if I change my mind.
  9. Done. Sorry I don't read this thread much often. Please PM me or hit report for such matters you're sure I'll do it within 24h.
  10. Hi The artists themselves made the artwork. We found it matched the music very well Yes it's different from the usual Suntrip things, but when you think about it only our compilations and Afgin have a common artwork style. All other cds artworks are pretty different from each other.
  11. Hello everyone !!! Here are the extracts and release notes for the Radical Distortion album http://tinyurl.com/pygbo3 More to come on suntriprecords.com within the next days
  12. ...and returning safely to the Earth!

  13. Is this guy really bwhale? I mean, I didn't ban him to let him open another account just like that. He had to think, before. I temp banned Mr. Baron just ini case. If he's not that bwhale guy, then he can write to me and we can have a talk.
  14. He's based in Ibiza, which means...whatever you want. He still makes music, and perforoms but he's much less "involved" in big parties and main festivals for a few years already. I think his music lost some of its interest. Too bad.
  15. Some are missing IMO (Suntrip CDs...). I have counted > 13000 releases all included (CD/LP, CDS/CDM/EP) without dupes ever since psytrance existed, but I don't know how many are actually Goatrance. The Rhythm of releases accelerated from 2001, but we can say Goatrance releases were marginal after 1999. So we can count 5 years of Goatrance (1995-1999), with between 200 and 500 releases / year. That must be a few thousands overall.
  16. Ultimae stuff, like HUVA Network.
  17. Suntrip / Psynews is gonna be there. Just come and say hello !!!
  18. We don't encourage piracy here. Maybe there are for sale on discogs.com ?
  19. A better person, I don't know. A different person, that may be. A person that opened his eyes on some things, surely. Well, first you need to enter an alternate state of consciousness out of dancing to the power of music. That's kinda hard and you can't control it. That's something that happened to me a few times spontaneouly because the music and the weather, and the ambiance were all perfect. Else, it's easier to do so with some psychotropic help, but we aren't talking about that, are we? Well, so, everytime I came back to Earth after such an experience, I had the feeling I needed to relativize some things in my life. Like, think about what's really important in life, what to change with daily relationships, etc. Maybe your frends didn't go as far as you in the trance-dance thing, maybe they're listening to styles of music that are less prone to slingshot them over the coulds, but overall, I tend to agree with you with a nuance: based on my own experience, I'd say you won't be changed or made better in a finger snap, but you'll start reflecting on your own life...which may induce some changes. In other words, the transient state helps opening your mind to oneself's changes, and whether changes happen or not, takes place after, and is entirely up to you. With some drugs, in some conditions, though, it goes much further, and you can definitely get "altered" dutring a psychedelic experience, not always the good way, unfortunately. I wouldn't advise doing so.
  20. It wouldn't be convenient from me to mention Opus Iridium. Actually I'm storngly hesitating between AirBorn and First Flight, both from Flying Rhino. ..launching a coin... Ok "Air Born" is my fav.
  21. Yes... For me 1st time was in a car, on a week end of mid-1995, a good friend had brought Trancentral 4 mixed by Tsuyoshi. But I didn't really like the music at the time. 6 months later, however I heard LSD by Hallucinogen and I changed of music tastes overnight.
  22. It's August you know. Not only are people on holidays, but it's the festival month for the psytrance scene... Thanks very much for the information. I always though it was the photo of a tatoo or soem random drawing. That wasn't the case.
  23. Oh yeah these ones are so good ! Many many tracks made me cry or close to, including of course some RA and Pleiadians tracks. More recently Filtertraces by Filteria gave me similar emotions. Else, the closest I was from crying in a party was on a Kox Box live years ago. On a sunrise, open air, the sound went liquid, time slowed down, and tears came in my eyes. That was not a even one track in particular, that was the perfect moment.
  24. That's where Skytrancer, the absolute fan, should be getting in the discussion...
×
×
  • Create New...