-
Posts
2900 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
35
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by mars
-
In spring 2007, we had announced an unofficial Filteria album in digital format only containing remixes and unreleased material. At the time we believed we would soon be distributed digitally, but that didn't happen. And we didn't have our online shop then. So this album never saw the daylight… Until now, right on time for Christmas! These tracks are approximately from 2006 and are close to the Heliopolis/Sky Input era both in style and sound/production wise. Worth mentioning is that most of these remixes were made for the summer party season. Filteria has selected his favorite versions of the remixes. Here's the tracklist of "Remixes & Unreleaseds" 1. Operation Mind Expansion 2. Latch 3. Poem 4. Speech Module (Filteria Remix) 5. Rotate To Vibrate (Ze Remix) 6. Unfiltred (Sun Remix) 7. Reflected (Blinded Remix) 8. Total Planetary Being (Filteria Remix) 9. K.O.B. – Multiple Disorder (Filteria Remix) 10. K.O.B. – Weight Of Oblivion (Filteria Ambient Remix) In total, more than 90 minutes of madness Samples and more here
-
Please give us more infos about your thesis, like an official documeent or something, and people will be more likely to answer. From my admin console, I could only see that you're from India, that's not much. Rave is a word that's not much used anymore you know... Now your answers: 1) French, 32 2) I was 19, that was in Bordeaux, France 3) When I like the music, I feel Transported by it. If I don't likee the music, I feel like taking a nap 4) There's no short answer. Yeah imo some are spiritual. Because the story they tell please you, and you feel like you're part of its flow. But you don't need a party for that, a concert with some music you really enjoy will do that too. 5) Music alone is enough. Drugs might improve the good feelings, but might also make bad feelings even worse. My best memories are without drugs. You are uplifted by the music and at the same time aware of everything that's happening, you have nothing to fear and you're in control. 6) I strongly support it at my level. Now, it's an utopia to believe there can be a totally drug free party for all the attendance. Some people just want to be high when going out, and you can't read that on their face at the entrance. 7) Sure. "simply for the love of the music and the vibe"
-
Amongst the living: Ultimae (almost all) Suntrip (all) Iono (most) Twisted Records Aleph Zero Cosmic Leaf (all) Timecode Nexus Media Else, from the good old days: BlueRoom Flying Rhino Spirit Zone Phonokol HomMega
-
Looking for new/old school goa trance like filteria
mars replied to Panike's topic in General Psytrance
Etnica Pleiadians Crop Circles but you may already know that... -
I had the impression described here, the first time I listened to the album. These were (the controversial leaked) mp3s, and using my earplugs. But if I listen to the real CD now, on my Cambridge/Jamo sound system, it's neat! Besides, I agree many other masterings are super bad with the bass and compression drowning you to oblivion.
-
Yes you can buy it. And you're banned for not reading the forums rules.
-
Hello Thanks for the nice words, and alos thanks for the words that make us want to be better. It's funny to read comments usually reserved to mainstream labels pointed at a non-mainstream one:) But what is "us"? We are all talking about Suntrip like an "entity" able to release music - just like that. Actually the artists made Suntrip's catalog what it is. So "trying to be better" would mean being more restrictive on our selection of music to release. Maybe Afgin or Radical sound like AP vs MFG, but, hell, could we possibly say no to these ones? I believe these albums rock, and not so many labels release Goatrance music out there. Don't the few of you who don't like them believe that it would be a bigger loss not to release them than to release them? "trying to be better" may also mean being more restrictive on the artists. Currently we tell them when a track sounds bad or too cliché to us, but we leave them much freedom. Wouldn't it be bad to curb that freedom? I don't think we want to become other big labels who influence(d) their artists too much...would bring more harm than good imo. We also believe that some people may like what other known groups used to produce and that they want more! And there are tastes, you know. And we CHOSE to be a Goatrance label after all, so we DO produce Goatrance. Agneton is more Nitzo than Goa in our opinion -we didn't have a chance to produce it and I don't think we would have anyway, even though I purchased the album, personnally- but we fully support this kind of alternatives You may argue there are special cases, Khetzal for instance. But it took Khetzal years to make this album and it was in special "bliss" conditions. In other words it's an extremely rare conjunction of events when an artist creates Goatrance music these days that doesn't sound like anything that was released between 1995-1999! E-Mantra is another example. Those who have been asking for different, darker, styles in this thread will like it. What other artist did that kind of music? Ok maybe it's originally inspipred by Etnica, but E-Mantra now has his own style...I often refer to it as uptempo made like downtempo music if you see what I mean. Just give it a try. Extracts are here: http://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD17/ Lastly, we have become like every label to people. We were new to the audience, we had lots of ideas...And 5 years later, we're part of the landscape and are considered as any other label. Yet, we have nice plans for 2010, and we hope you'll be pleased with these releases. Thanks to all.
-
And that's what I call collaborative work... 8 people worked on the different inlays more or less directy. Assembling all and packaging was quite a challenge. ...and the music is much better!! >>>> long extracts are here: http://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD17/
-
Looking for info on the debut albums from these artists
mars replied to Penzoline's topic in General Psytrance
Yes it was foroeseen on November 21st and we moved it to December 12th. Live: Ra (Suntrip Records) - Norway Artifact 303 (Suntrip/Moonquest) - Romania DJs: Anoebis (Suntrip Records) Javi (Suntrip Records) 1 TBC soon... It will be somewhere between Brussels and Antwerpen in Belgium. -
Looking for info on the debut albums from these artists
mars replied to Penzoline's topic in General Psytrance
I know Artifact303 is working on an album, right. Only thing is: I don't know for which label I wish it were us. FYI Artifact303 is coming to our Suntrip Birthday party on 12/12/09, in Belgium! Feel free to come. -
Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland
mars replied to MattMan's topic in General Psytrance
I'm sorry guys, but I'm banning 3 assholes and closing this thread. "Gay" comments are not welcome. Joking about a label bankrupty is not welcome. MP3/Piracy and disucssions about it are not welcome (check the rules too) And I really find is disgusting how mean people can be sometimes. For a change, get a life and produce a relevant review of this album...in the reviews section. You'll see producing something is much less easy than bitching. -
>> December 12th, not too far from Brussels
-
Arabesque announcement, confirmation of the date, and extracts !! http://www.arabesquedistribution.com//index.php?option=com_artistavenue&task=singleCd&id=2093&Itemid=99999999
-
We're set to release E-Mantra's album by mid-November. We're going to the press this week ..but hush, let's not spoil Radical's wonderful release. Anub1s: I know this artwork...and this font... Makes me think about this promo I had in my hands yesterday:
-
Ephedrix - Expander This one is a good surprise. At first I thought there was a creativity problem as I saw 8 out of 9 tracks were remixes (of or by other artists). But while hearing I recognized a well crafted album full of melodies and skillful climaxes. Overall very entertaining (and you know I am not a fan of FullOn music).
-
What About A Rating System In The Review Section?
mars replied to psytones's topic in General Psytrance
I know it looks like a detached attitude from me, but if I worked on all I'm asked as it is coming, I wouldn't sleep anymore. I have a huge pressure on me at work, plus Suntrip, Slus psynews, plus personal stuff. I had a quick look, and edited forums settings. It should work. I would be interested to know if any of you encounters a limitation in the number of ratings per day ? please feedback & advise. -
So many? Wow I guess I'll have to do it alone. More sleepless nights ahead... If you're interested anyhow, even if you know only a part of the technologies, please contact me.
-
What About A Rating System In The Review Section?
mars replied to psytones's topic in General Psytrance
Good idea, but I think there is a whole story of "quotas" of positive and negative votes per day, so reviewers may be restricted at some point. I'll have to look into it better. There are tons of config options in this new forum. I'm deep in the sh...allenge of making a decent bestof voting system by the end of the year (check here), so I will queue this in my todolist and I promose I'll give you an answer in decent delays. -
I'm starting to work on a decent "best-of" system for Psynews. One could say it's "highly anticipated"... I promised it here, so now I have to keep my promise. Needless to say it must be online by 01/01/2010 <cough>. I made the project setup, "business objects" and the database structure. Besides: - I'm reusing a lot of suntriprecords.com code to be faster. - there will be no admin pages, all config will be made via database changes. - there will be a very few pages to authenticate, select the best-of category, and vote. - that means there must be a common sign-in for both this voting system and psynews.org - there wll be also result pages with graphs if possible. Ok, so there's some web pages and code logic to implement. For that I may need the help of anyone who knows Java/JEE and is ready to invest some of his time. More specifically, you need to know Java5/6, JPA, EJB3, JSF and be very autonomous and down to earth. If you don't have these skills already, better not apply, I won't have the time to train you. Else, I may need some CSS skills to make it look good in the end (but only in the end). Thanks for any help you may provide. Reply here or PM me.
-
I concur.
-
Ok, please don't WRITE IN UPPERCASE (!), we can "hear" you very well in lowercase already. I have a few recent Talamasca tracks and I don't know this one. Unreleased I guess?
-
What About A Rating System In The Review Section?
mars replied to psytones's topic in General Psytrance
Oh yeah a long time ago I wanted to do this Psynews2/3 thing, which would have contained ratings. With the site as we have it here, you can only rate each others posts I think and there is not much space for customization. Well, in other words, you need a specificly programmed system (like discogs) to do that. So, for the moment, all you can follow are these guidelines: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/56078-rulesguidelines-for-reviewing/ Please also read that: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/52218-thoughts-on-psynews-and-the-review-system/page__p__877421entry877421 And that: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/56164-little-reminders/page__view__findpost__p__936301 (3,5 months to go, wish me good luck) That said, you can't imagine how much I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you right here and now... -
Goa-Head: please report to me instead of replying in threads. No wse can't he's using proxies. bwhale: consider this page showing that 2 versions of Live exist (sure of it, I have the official, Anoebis has the promo) http://www.discogs.com/Asia-2001-Live/master/89566 Honnestly, I don't think there were many bootlegs of psytrance cds. Ok a few in the past years in Russia (3DVision cds were bootlegged there) or the balkans, but that's really marginal. I think you can have a different TOC even if you repress a given CD without reusing the original glassmaster, or press in 2 different factories (because for example you distribute from 2 countries at the same time, like France via Transpact and Israel via Phonokol, and it's cheaper like that). I'm not expert in these things but that's likely to have happened then.
-
Surely very different, more introvert. And also with a much less expanded consciousness. I also believe psytrance helped me improve my artistic skills. I have certainty that listening to psytrance while studying helped me learning and pushing my thinking. Without it, I think I would have missed all my exams, would be depressed, would know less interesting people, and would be working like a dull boy now.
-
Great !!
