first ever psytrance track/album

Guest psytrancer

Guest psytrancer

Just wanted to start a discussion here....what do you think is the first EVER psytrance.....I think Eat Static's 'Abduction' from 1993 might be, but I'm sure you have opinions of your own....please enlighten us.

Guest tim thick

WHAT?

What about all the old goa and psy traxx from the eighties and before???

Pleeease dont make me start on this one AGAIN!

:D Timo

Guest Inukko

The first ever goa track (I think)

was Electrotete's "Anjuna Dawn",

from `91, written by Ben Watkins

and Stephen Holweck. If not

that, then maybe Overlords

"Sundown"...

Guest StoNeY!

Tim,

can you give me some examples of tracks from the 80's, I'm very interested in discovering all this, especially rock influences and stuff...

StoNeY!

Guest Tim Thick

Yes: I am talking about the following 4 exmp.

Cabaret Voltaire, Lords Of Acid, Portion Control, Lazer Cowboys, O*Men, GAD,

Prga Khan (lordz), Snowy Red, Sonik Pedophile, Erotic Dissidents, Insectoid, Overlords, RHYTHM DEVICE <<<------ Hmmm oh yeah ANGEL (italy) etc..

MOKA DJ and posse..

anyways.. ..those OLD bands & traxx..

Also tangerine dream made some kickass goa trance traxx.. what was it again..

hmmm well your ears can find them better....

LUV 7im0

Guest akira

So are you talking about psytrance or psychedelic tracks in general? I don't think society just woke up one morning and said "Lets develop a style that will not only tap into peoples subconciousness but make them fly hard at the same time and make it so different it will be instantly recognizable over the world"...I don't think we ever will know the first track. Evolution ---> Re-evolution

Guest tim thick

Yes but it IS like this that we all woke up one morning (or stayed up the night)

and thought out loud "Lets develop a style that will not only tap into peoples subconciousness but make them fly hard at the same time and make it so different it will be instantly recognizable over the world"

But Akira that IS how it is.. That IS evolution at its best for a human to think like that. And ACT & LIVE like it also.

Even though it might not be so easy to real eyes.

Tim0

np: Amnesia - Ibiza.mp3 :))))))

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phaedrus

Lords of Acid is cool, but NOT Goa/Psy Trance (at least not by my definition). I am not a historian, but to me Astral Projection (and yes I am ready for the 9,000 AP haters that will respond to this) started the Psy Trance sound as we know it today...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Neomenia

Hi!

I must agree in part with Akira, and in part with Tim.

I also thought that the very first GOA trax were released somewhere between 88 thru 91.

BUT the origins go back as long as late 60's (or do you think "Psychedelic" trance just come by the use of psychedelics?)

Indeed Tangerine Dream, Phoetus, Faust, PFM, Cabaret Voltaire (Industrial at that time), Pynk Floyd, Psychic TV, Killing Joke (originated in late 70's Punk), GoA (the artist), and a lot more started the experimentation with electronics-danceablemusic from 75 thru 85. (A lot of this bands have changed, if not finished and new bands taken their name). And then comes the evolution.

But I put Lords of Acid in a more "housey" (if not acid house) definition.

This should be read as an addenda to both comments, not to be taken as The Revealing Truth, as nobody has it.

I could not say nothing from the "first" trax, as I had turned back myself to other kind of music at the begining of the 90's, and rediscover the wonders of the electronic music just in the mid 90's.

Light

Guest Elysium Project

Hey the sixties also had some big kick ass goa tracks...... They actually did do parties in Goa at that time....so what is goa music then??.....In my opinion just another label........

I consider bands such as Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Japan, Cabaret Voltare, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schultze, Devo, Human league, Visage and many others to be the true pioneers in electronic dance music...They have influenced anything from techno to Hip-hop and are present in all electronic styles today...........

• 5 years later...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Astralasia / Astralasia (Fungus Records) 1990

Trilithon / Trance Dance 128 (ZYX Music Records) 1991

04. Trilithon - Synrise