SUGGESTION FOR CONTEST DOWNLOADS (for children)

Guest mr peculiar

ive have started to download some of the tracks children

but could i possibly make a suggestion

would you be able to divide up the tracks into basic genres e.g ambient/minimal/hard .ect.ect.......as with all these tracks its going to take me forever to download them all and it would be nice to be able to download the tracks in their various styles .......

possibly even a rough bpm or somthing of the sort next to the track ???

anyways

just a suggestion as the tracks are going to be sorted into various catagorys later anyway

so why not do it now :)

thanks

I don't think so, cause people would not dload minimal tracks if they don't like minimal that much and melodic ones if they don't like melodic that much ... and there is some good stuff as well in minimal than melodic stuff ... so I think it's better to keep the suspense in order to force visitors to dload all Tracks ... or the votes won't be representative enough ...

Moreover a minimal Track for someone can be melodic for someone else ...

Guest mr peculiar

yes that is a fair comment children

but now im more likley not to vote at all as there are just way too many for me to get

and thats a shame as i really wanted to participate ::(

Guest Tranceptor

I can get them all so my offer to be a judge still stands...

maybe its an idea to divide votes

let judges vote( originality... and so on) and let the people visiting the site vote

and then just make a vote combining those???

Hmmm... I think the current system favours people who's names start with letters lower in the alphabet.

Also.. people who don't like a certain style aren't going to vote for those tracks anyway.

I understand that there's not supposed to be a style bias in the voting, but this is an imperfect world, and judging by the comments in the reviews section your only guarantee for a non-biased vote is do have as many people listening to the tracks as many times as possible.

Also perhaps the voting should be organised on an elimination basis. There is a first wave, where the top 20 for instance are nominated. So there are only 20 tracks to download for anyone who hasn't done so already (You're pretty much guaranteed that only the better tracks will remain). Then the top 10 which makes it even more accessible to people with slow connections and then finally a top 3.

At every 'wave' of votes everyone who's interested gets to vote again even if they have voted before. That way you can re-evaluate your favourites again. So the tracks with true staying power that aren't just novetlies end up on top.

Guest Slidingtrancer

Good thinking hogus. I d/led most of em..... :P..... :o....:D and some are good, some are excellent, some are mediocre, but only 2 seem to be really bad. I'm reconsidering entering here.

( btw, i sometimes post under tranceptor)

Why don't u put the tracks in streaming format? this could allow slow connection to preview faster the tracks, by browsing the track as u can do on mp3.com...

also i think counting the number of download per track is a good idea...

Hogus : pretty good idea ... but I think I'll also add the Tracks that Mars & Me think good and will not be in this TOP 20 (supposing not enough people have dloaded them) ...

Anyway I'm not sure we'll do exactly like this, but we'll probably follow your idea :-)

Guest etherdesign

I do hope there is a system in place for duplicate votes.. I mean, this is tough, I don't mean to be rude to people here, but there seems to be alot of people that pop up out of nowhere.. there are thousands of proxy servers out there and while I imagine the majority of the vote coming from known users under their own names, I can't help but think there will be some duplicates.. what kind of system is at place? number from 1 to 10? in which catagories? production? groove? originality?

I don't mean to make this more difficult than it already is, but if is in the scheme of the current 'quick polls' there seems to be a bit of room for cheating here.. again, only a concern, I hope no one resorts to this.. I know the resources here are low and this contest is in good faith.. but.. it should be fair..

Enough blabber, I'm sure the best will be done as is possible and there will be alot of good artists exposed as possible.. I have heard alot of good tracks in this contest from people who I have never heard of.. if this won't be a boon for labels, I'm sure it will be a great contribution to this forum, to see what others are doing..

Guest AtomicCow

How about offering the tracks in lower quality as well as high quality? A good tune will stand out even at 16 kbps. That way people on slow connections could judge them too. And if they are really interested they could get the better version of the tune.