Future of Psynews Survey

Future of Psynews? Survey only :)   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Keep it, Make Private, Close it, Archive it

• Keep It
    • Make it private
    • Close it
    • Archive it

So I just wanted to check what our dear forum members think, I don't hold the fate of the forum in my hands obviously. That's the admin/mod teams/owners decision. But I thought it would be interesting to see what the opinions are. With a little poll/survey.

The poll is anonymous. :) 

1 hour ago, astralprojection said:

make the options a bit more detailed, like does closed mean its gonna be deleted?

make it private, what would that mean, only admins can login? etc. 

My first poll here so bear with me, I can add more details surely. 

With private I mean as in, members have to login to see the contents of the forum. Which could perhaps make the lurkers step out of the shadows? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part. :) 

Many forums have like a mixed setting. In which some content is only visible to logged in users. And some is visible to lurkers too.

In such a scenario I think the news section would be a good contender to keep public. Which is a kind of smart option, because it tends to incentivize, the joining of a forum/participation. Reddit is a bit like that, and yeah facebook, is to some small degree. The down-side to this closed approach is that, threads would get less exposure/views overall on Psynews I think.

And also so that the AI search engines like Bing still gets Psynews relevant search results etc.

The closed options were those that RTP proposed, I.E: closing the forum permanently (kinda like deleting it from the internet I suppose?). Or archiving it, meaning it's still visible but not open for participation. Like a Psynews museum if you will. 

Oh okay..

I don't think private is a good option. On some days you have like 10 pages of people browsing the forum without being logged in. (online users) 

Closed would be sad, to never see it again unless through the Internet archive? 

I'd rather see it dead with no option to login at all, or continue to have it open like it is. The other two options seem counter intuitive. 

13 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

Oh okay..

I don't think private is a good option. On some days you have like 10 pages of people browsing the forum without being logged in. (online users) 

Closed would be sad, to never see it again unless through the Internet archive? 

I'd rather see it dead with no option to login at all, or continue to have it open like it is. The other two options seem counter intuitive. 

Indeed I agree. If for example Psynews had a huge active user base, then the private could make some more sense perhaps.

But alas it doesn't so yeah that's that. Either way one flips the coin, the inevitable reality of changed internet behaviours/trends, the effects of the generational shifts, is plainly visible for us.

• 2 weeks later...