ETNOSCOPE's lost "Liveset Demo 2013"

Remember ETNOSCOPE?

I discovered them roughly 20 years ago when they were releasing their "Drums From the Dawn of Time" (available on Ektoplazm: https://ektoplazm.com/free-music/etnoscope-drums-from-the-dawn-of-time ). A true gem of an album, you can find stunning reviews here about it as well. Cheers @Basilisk by the way for keeping these online on Ektoplazm :) 

But apart from a number of single releases it went quite silent about Etnoscope quite soon afterwards. They didn't have an easy life: hard drive crashed, material lost ... fortunately after a few years they "managed to get their act together" and released a second album "Way Over Deadline" (also available on Ektoplazm: https://ektoplazm.com/free-music/etnoscope-way-over-deadline ), which was literally that: way over its deadline, for it should have come out ages ago but the material was lost. 

But after that it went quite silent about them. 
I was trying to keep up with the news, I was aware that Raz (one of the main members) was desperately looking for a label to release more stuff, but there was no luck with that. No more releases followed so far -- up to this day. We had some good previews on soundcloud ( https://soundcloud.com/etnoscope ), but apart from that: nothing. Apparently Raz is still looking for a label and believe it or not, I was trying to get in touch with him, but I had no luck with that either so far -- well, maybe it finally will be this time, with the release of this... 

... So what is it, that I post here. A bootleg? Well, no. 
The Etnoscope site back then had a mix on it, one that was showcasing their latest material. It was dope. The mix was so good that I used common sense to access the file and download it, right from their site back then. 
Unfortunately the site went down after a few months, leaving me with the mix on my mp3 Walkman and leaving me to enjoy it while running -- which was fabulous. I mean, really fabulous -- I even was able to pull off a good run in Wan Chai itself, putting even Deus Ex' music to shame ... stunning... 
...however, in the last weeks and months, my trusty Walkman is deteriorating, the buttons don't work anymore, the headphone jack has a piece of it that broke off, it's getting really shabby. I had to do something, trying to save the files on it -- and the most valuable to me is this mix, given that I have no backup copy (all PCs that I had this on are gone after the years). 
So I backed it up -- and being a man of the times, I just uploaded it to the cloud, for everyone to enjoy. It was public once, why shouldn't it stay public (if any Etnoscope member has an issue with this after all: feel free to contact me so that we finally can get in touch to release some stuff on RTP Records ;) ... it's one click for me to set it private, no hassle). 

So cheers after all and I hope some people enjoy this. 

:wub:

cheers 

RTP

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...