Goatranceish techno

Penzoline

I've been noticing lately some banging old schoolish goa sounds (acid + melodies) in the techno scene

Anyone have more? These tracks are very psychedelic imo. Super powerful and oozing that 90s rave sound. Especially the Dunkle Illusion track. It's very reminescent of V-Ger & Soma - Acid Rain Over Bombay EP albeit less melodic.

59 minutes ago, Penzoline said:

I've been noticing lately some banging old schoolish goa sounds (acid + melodies) in the techno scene

Anyone have more? These tracks are very psychedelic imo. Super powerful and oozing that 90s rave sound. Especially the Dunkle Illusion track. It's very reminescent of V-Ger & Soma - Acid Rain Over Bombay EP albeit less melodic.

I'll see if I can manage to dig up what I found to have a goaish sound while doing a short fooray in exploring the Techno music of today. What I did come across was that a lot of psy/goa sounding Techno is beeing produced in Italy for some reason. And it was really cool/sci-fi sounding. What's kinda impressive, is how they manage to keep one single loop going for almost the entire duration of a track. Which makes it rather hypnotic. Would be really hard to pull of something similar in Goa, without people complaining maybe that the main loop had overstayed its welcome so to say. :D 

I can think of a few that did it though, like for example Tim Schuldt's "Talking Souls - Karma 209"

Probably not so good for home listening in headphones, but would probably rock a dance floor. Or atleast in the old era :) Today I don't know what the kids would dance to anymore. So much weird music lately on the outdoors parties I've attended. For example on the latest one this summer, they played weird Techno with oriental scales. Which to me sounded like some really poor version of goa. Almost like as if the evolution of the genre went back to square one again. Kinda like how proto-goa sounded in a way. Then they played all kinds of mish mashed genres, DnB, and some disco sounding house or whatever. Was confusing with all the changes in BPM/rythms tbh. Allthough kinda entertaining while drunk. On shrooms I'm not sure how it would flow.