3. Filami - Wavicle    
4.Cactus Arising - No Stereotypes    
5.Celestial Twins - Sleeping With LFO
6. MeloDeep - Foundation Stone
7. Wizard Project - Divine Intervention
8. N3V1773 - Spherical Wavefront Of The Mind
9. Psychedelic Quest - Psychotherapy
10. The Maniac - A Treatise On Acid

Goa Trance Adventures, Goa Trance Wizards, Goa Trance Voyage & Magic of Goa Trance.... Yikes. and all Volume 1. Something tells me we are never going to see a volume 2. 

If you don't like getting spammed with 50 new tracks a week and therefore don't follow Timewarp, allow me. I have picked one Comp from their recent catalog A-Bomb to see if it holds up. After all, the team over at TWR bring us new artists and give them a voice to be heard, kind-of-like how Twitter gives every doinkus a chance to shout an opinion....Only much better. because it has the flavour of G O A.

Well it was a roll of dice to decide which one of the 4 i was going to pick > Well close enough to a role of the dice, I decided I liked the word adventure more than voyage, Voyage is far to 'long ocean trip' for me, Wizards i'm down with but couldn't pick between the stuff that makes a wizard a wizard (Magic) or the sum of the parts itself (Wizard).

Speaking of 'Kind-of-Likes' This comp is kind of like that sneaky Goa Full Moon Compilation with a bunch of recently released hits. Maybe they specified that, IDK, I they don't hit 'Enter' on their album descriptions which really makes the task of reading a paragraph much more daunting than the simple task of reading multiple broken down and congruent paragraphs.

Barmohak is flagged as my most promising Timewarp talent, Barmo is the only one who really stands out there with his big-bad-boi leads, yea i'm drunk.......drunk on the power and self-importance of review writing. Whats that? Oh the song? Yea it's gotta cool organic intro which is always great, more organics please! I wish it would have been incorporated throughout the fast parts of the track. This track reaffirms my preconceived notions of Barmohak which is always a dangerous path that risks a life of confirmation bias. Alright then i'll say it. Some layers were a bit to wispy and could have been bulked up, maybe a little to fluttering and fast, take your time my dude. The first half was lit, got a bit tired after that.

~

Vilmar: Woah that's a lot of writing for one track.

H: What are you doing here? Get back to the Goa Gilde review dude.

~

Tranquility Base Project comes out with a hopper topper of a title. Where Did The Towers Go? Seems like we have more than ever. Or is this the future? Having a little premonition are we? TBP Actually hits us hard with a serious banger. This is most things I Love about trance, the breaks into chaos into sneaky breaks back into chaos. Love it. Really good track.

Filami knows how to keep a party moving and just because Wavicle isn't a real word doesn't mean I wont be open minded. The main melody is held for the majority of the track which is always very impressive, especially when it develops and morphs. Wait, it's almost like what you expect from a particle AND a Wave. Woah, that went full circle. I liked the outro too.

I was going to say 'That Cactus Arising starts us off like any ol Timewarp fam', but then the beat half came in and I ate my thoughts. A midtempo treat that ignores the Sapien heuristic for putting people and things into categories. Good luck ever escaping a stereotype. Wait, didn't I stereotype at the start of this track? Well for a track that is kind of cruisy I feel Cactus could have toned down some of the louder layers in this and really made us dive deeper. I like the production quality but with every element the same volume it loses me a bit.

Celestial Twins, the group that get me excited every time i read the first half of their name. that's not fair, I haven't really done a dive into their works. The ambient intro was sweet but there could have been a better transition to that loud ass kick drum and bassline. It gets much better when that evil vocal comes in, really takes you into the track a bit more. 

Melodeep hits us with a different tone and vibe that feels softer and more comforting on the ears. A welcome change up. This guy bangs hard but also bangs talentedly, Is Melodeep the Xander Corvus of trance? Who knows, that's to raunchy for me. Probably my favourite from the comp so far, the indian 'wallawallas' are awesome as well as all the vocal samples. An edge of Fullon against an edge of Goa, this shits the adventure for sure. Or is it the Mt William Estate 2013 Shiraz? lol, remember when 2013 was shit? time ages things kindly my friends.

Wizard Project starts us off with something pretty unoriginal, low volume melody to high volume melody? I guess it would work as a transition. This one is loud boom boom zip zip music. More repetitive than what i'm about, but that's a preference, I don't mind repetitive and deep, this is repetitive and loud. But then the spoken words come in, why do spoken words always sound so good? The track gets better from there on. 

It is the Neville of 80085 (N3V1773) here to show us why he is so damn good. A real champ and probs one of the hottest Timewarp talents. It feels lush and warm from the very first kick drum, then it gets psychedelic and cool. A really strong performance and great tranceadelic hit.

Psychedelic Quest is out to entrance us as well. Psychotherapy comes in with a strong first act, energy builds and builds drawing you in deeper. The second act doesn't do much but fumble and drop the energy that was created. The main break saves the day taking the track into a stronger second half. The rest of the track is completely above par and pretty psychedelic.

The Maniac coming in with A Treatise On Acid,  the only track known to me before this comp. If we are going to believe that someone over at Timewarp Recs actually puts the time into curating these mass drops of comps then I have to say well done. The maniac finishes the comp off in the exact way that it should of been. A fast crazy and energetic blast of power and psychobaba that temporarily blew my mind apart.. WOOOOOOAWEEEE it just doesn't stop. What a banger. B Deepak gets better with every listen, this guy rocks.

After skimming some of the other releases it seems like many of these tracks or all of them (I told you I didn't read the description) have been heard before. As someone who doesn't have the time to fit all the Timewarp releases in, this is a nice little collection that shows where everyone is at with their music. Some pretty trancey and fun music here and actually might prompt me to give at least check the Wizards release. 

If you were wondering if you should dig into one of these comps then I'd say go for it.

https://timewarprecords.bandcamp.com/album/goa-trance-adventures-2020-top-10-hits-vol-1-tw003-timewarp

These comps contain tracks that are previously released on Timewarp recs from EPs or full length. Only the Call of Goa and Colors of Goa series have never before heard tracks. My track here was taken from the full length album I released on Timewarp in Feb 2019. As are the other tracks.. so nothing new, but a great way to discover new names!

• 2 weeks later...