Would someone like to explain some about when GOA/PSY stopped being Faceless music?

psytones

We all know what I mean when I write "faceless music", it can go a bit deeper then just a face on the CD-cover, and the need for an artist / or DJ to promote his or her person, body, face and ego. So when did Goa actually stop being faceless music with mystery? Now these days are beyond for good reasons, like facebook. But the past had it, or was it never even really there, it was just a romantic idea, faceless/ego-less music. Now-a-days its pretty much handled like any other EDM like a business and a music with face and sunglasses on.. Which is very sad but also kinda inevitable, and only ones that can stop "negative" trends are the persons them self, what kind of integrity they feel. How people around them are doing it (monkey see monkey doo) and how they them self feel about something so "unimportant". Personally I know my mystery of Psy/Goa went away after a few years when I inevitable found out more and more about the music, more then the CDr with no info only alien psychedelic weird music - unidentified. Those days are of course long gone. But I do cherish that time when I was in the dark about knowing earthly facts about the actual creators of them sonic

I remember face-covers

Man With No Name - Highway album (man with a face)
Yahel
Cujorius One - with the male model on it with a burning ball in his hands
Rocky Goa-Sessions VA 

Well, I understand what you are talking about. One thing I like about psy/goa is that it is very depersonalized - at least supposed to be. Bacially you don't care who made this or that track and for what reasons and what they wanted to say, there is just music and nothing else. You can pretend it was made by aliens or was automatically generated by a mysterious AI in the depth of global web.

Some people are taking this idea even further. E.g., this guy makes generative psytrance with an app which he has written himself. So basically the music comes from nowhere, totally disconnected from anyone's personality

Automatically generated tracks you say?.. Is the App worthy of DL, its froma psy/goahead? Sounds cool some of the sections. Funny link thanks for sharing. Your comment "and for what reasons" makes me think back to the forums in 2006 when this political album was released https://www.discogs.com/Vegetal-Free-Thinkers-Are-Dangerous/release/687649 People went over board with the heavy "political" "real world" theme, that it ruined psytrance (face and opinion less music) and what it isn't (normal music). I got both parts of the opinion but what it did was to push reality and what we are against, a bit harder on our face with a blood-handed art-work, and metal-edged music influences. It was blatant and honest, at least. Same goes for the newest Xenomorph album thats very heavy in it's conspiracy zeitgeist (real world) Some artists/albums did or does the same, but it's more hidden and not so, honest ;) I think hippie values (psychedelic experiences and understanding) are the foundation of much Goa/Psy-trance culture, and it's slipping, infecting the whole world becoming, insane? Or enlightened? Maybe both - at least, vaguely entertained. I have a lot of respect for what I gather is the ,,meaning" of IM's Sa'eed track. Much pain. Much sorry. PLUR. Make Love Not War.

I'm not sure has ever released his app to the public or has any plans to do so.

Well, psytrance and politics ... for me these are two totally disconnected things. Some tongue-in-cheek references to real-world things in samples, track names, etc may have its place but generally psytrance is not about this. I don't want to say that I'm not insterested in any politics myself, but this is not what I'm looking for in psy.