Mahanada - the time machine.

Simonmush

Hi guys,

this is my latest track. i tried to mix some progressive with more gaish sounds. It starts more like an offbeat-stomper, but becomes more psychedelic towards the end. What do you think about it? Any Feedback is much appreciated!

Boom!

• Like 1

Great as usual. You have consistent style and very convincing production skills.

Having thus said, I'm sure one day you'll make a track, which will be greater than your usual, if you understand what I mean ;) I'm trying to say that I like your music but I have a feeling that you are not using your potential in full.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with recursion loop. Great production there's hardly two words to say on that. I'm not the biggest progressive fan myself, but can still appreciate a well made track and Mahanada is definitely that. Your track breaths and has that groovy aspect to it that's quite the key element in progressive. I think it's not unfair to say thou, that the track could be a bit more juicy and develop into more drastic measures. :)

Thanks for your feedback!

@recursionloop: I´m not quite sure if i get what you mean, could you eventually specify what i coud improve? Don`t get me wrong, i find it great that you give some feedback, so i try to understand what you exactly!

@oopie: No not unfair at all! THAnk you very much!

@recursionloop: I´m not quite sure if i get what you mean, could you eventually specify what i coud improve? Don`t get me wrong, i find it great that you give some feedback, so i try to understand what you exactly!

Yep. maybe my post was a bit vague. I mean, you tracks are really well produced, groovy, good synth work, but you may think about making them more memorable, like maybe adding a catchy melody (it's a polarizing aspect in psytrance, some say that catchy melodies ruin the psychedelic vibe but I for one love them) or some FX madness, unusual synth sounds, deep pads/chords, tricky samples - up to you. Maybe a more prominent climax, not necessary melodic.

On the other hand, that's progressive, which is supposed to act at subconcious level by subtle changes and slowly building tension (as opposed to huge climaxes), so you may just disregard my comment ;) I'm listening to the track again as I write this, and it appears to work just this way quite well.

yeah, at repeated listen it really grows on me