Illuminus - Sweep Dreams [Z-Plane Records]

Any thoughts on that? Was released in Dec '15 and it's a collaboration of Hux Flux's Dennis Tapper with Magnus Holte, a hip-hop/dub producer. Judging by the samples, this sounds a lot like something released on Dubmission Rec. (Pitch Black, Third Ear Audio, etc.) which is surprising, but also very interesting.

https://z-plane-records.bandcamp.com/album/sweep-dreams

https://soundcloud.com/illuminusmusic

it's really good. there are no tracks that are as spectacular as some from globular or ott, but there also aren't any tracks that are over-the-top or cheesy as can happen with both of the others.

this album actually got the top spot in my downtempo vote for 2015.

• Like 1

it's really good. there are no tracks that are as spectacular as some from globular or ott, but there also aren't any tracks that are over-the-top or cheesy as can happen with both of the others.

this album actually got the top spot in my downtempo vote for 2015.

Yeah, sounded that way. Thanks! :)

• 5 months later...

I was really surprised by this album. I bought it just a couple of weeks ago as I couldn't connect Denis Hux Flux with chillout and downtempo so far.

Well, it was a nice surprise indeed - something like dubby early Entheogenic. The overall mix is very pleasant and doesn't enter into cheese territory, it just floats

and bubbles all the way through. Good work, Denis! 8/10