Electric guitar

So I'm looking at getting back inn guitar after a decade of giving it up. I used to play in a Cannibal Corpse tribute band, it was surprisingly good pay and lots of gigs at the time.

Wondering what players here own? I've always been an ibanez fan,'used to have a 7 stringer of theirs but thinking might go 8 this time as I'm paying more deeper stuff like Meshuggah.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Ibanez with a floating bridge, I can't remember the model. I rarely play guitar anymore, and when I do it's almost always acoustic. Back when I got it as a teenager (before I got into electronic music at all) I thought the floating bridge was such a great idea. Of course back then I wanted to be Kirk Hammet. I hardly ever used it (the tremolo) and it's just a pain in the ass for tuning and changing strings.

My amp is a solid state Dean Markley. Very clean clean tone, crappy distortion, so at some point I got an Ibanez Tube King which sounds pretty good. There's a new version of it now, I don't know how it stacks up. I also have an Electro-Harmonix Polychorus pedal.