A moment to appreciate today's world

Veracohr

We tend to become jaded and take for granted the things in our lives, but it's good to be reminded of how amazing some of the things we have are.

I was just watching an episode of a show (streaming it from Netflix, itself an amazing thing), and it had some snippets of a song I liked. I wanted to know what the song was, so I watched through the credits at the end, but they didn't mention the song, unlike movies which usually give credit to the major pop music songs that are used.

What did I do? I turned to Google of course. I typed in the 11 words of one line in the song, and in 30 seconds I was listening to the whole song on Youtube. If I had been in the same situation as a teenager in the mid-90s, I would have had no way of finding out the song, other than repeating the words to people I knew and trying to hum the melody and hoping they magically knew the song.

Oh ya I agree that it is a blessing to be in the modern world despite of the many problems that still exist and will exist in the future. So much music that I haven't been able to find in the past due to lack of technology or whatever else.

Modern world and evolution of it is good, its just that people should learn to take only what they need and share with what they dont or with those, who are in need as well.

Until then we will be hungry, sad, angry, violent, poor, sick and half-dead both as a race and as individuals.

Funny enough I tried to find the very same song some months ago. Did you watch Bones, too? :)